Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Ultimate side-by-side with GTechniq C1+EXO: Does it look OK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a new Model S with MC Red. I've read tons of threads on Xpel Ultimate and various coatings like 22PLE and GTechniq products. I'm not asking here about the effectiveness of such protection, but rather am interested on anyone's experience and opinions on the look or appearance of the film used in conjunction with various coatings when both are used for different portions of the car. Do they look OK side-by-side? Can you tell that one part is film and the other is extra shiny/glossy? After spending all this money on a beautiful car and expensive paint protection, I don't want to see an odd difference on the exterior. Yes, I know it would be easiest to just go 100% Xpel or coating like GTechniq C1+EXO - but I'm not sure the downsides of those (cost for full-wrap or less protection for no wrap) work for me.

I'm considering Xpel Ultimate for a "full frontal" (hood + front fender to edge of panel) along with either 22PLE or a combo of GTechniq's C1+EXO coatings. I'm leaning toward the Xpel plus C1+EXO combo.

If you've tried any of the combos above, would you be willing to share your observations on appearance?

I have a combination of XPEL Ultimate on the full front (hood + fenders + front) and back bumper as well as GTechniq C1 on all non-XPEL parts on a black car. Then I have EXOv2 on everything. Before I put EXOv2 on everything, the difference was far greater (if I recall correctly). Once I put EXOv2 on everything, then the difference was much smaller.

TeslaModelSRichmondVA-square.jpg

Obviously at a distance (like in this photo) it is very hard to tell. Most people can't tell the difference until it is pointed out to them. The XPEL definitely has a different texture from the uncovered body panels so you will notice the difference. Most likely 99% of other people won't.