Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Ultimate vs Hail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have read what I could in this forum regarding hail and Tesla's (S and X) aluminum body. I also tried looking up information on if Xpel Ultimate could protect a car from hail damage.

Per Xpel's demonstration video the panel (probably not aluminum) looks fine after being hit with some rocks at 70 MPH.

I have reached out to Xpel for an answer, but meanwhile I wanted to see if anyone else in the forum has any experience or thoughts?

So I have read what I could in this forum regarding hail and Tesla's (S and X) aluminum body. I also tried looking up information on if Xpel Ultimate could protect a car from hail damage.

Per Xpel's demonstration video the panel (probably not aluminum) looks fine after being hit with some rocks at 70 MPH.

I have reached out to Xpel for an answer, but meanwhile I wanted to see if anyone else in the forum has any experience or thoughts?

It would potentially help protect against scratches and chips but would not prevent the dents. The video you're referring to is the one with rocks being shot out of a machine at 70 mph. (this panel is a thick piece of sheet metal that has been painted). So your vehicle would still potentially be damaged by the hail