Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Ultimate vs. Matte finish

Ultimate or Matte?

• Ultimate

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Matte

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting my Model S 100D on Tuesday and as soon as I get it I will betting the entire car wrapped with XPEL.

XPEL comes in two forms, one of which is the Ultimate form which basically retains/adds gloss from the paint underneath. The cost for Ultimate is about $5250 with tax.

The other form is the Matte form, which makes the car look smooth and, well, matte.
The cost for Matte is about 15% higher than the Ultimate form, which is about $5800 with tax.

Here are some pictures:
q6KJNTW.jpg

5ciULY0.jpg
2016-Tesla-Model-X-P90D-Grey-with-XPEL-Clear-Bra-DSC01809.jpg

xpel-stealth-black-tesla-model-s-20-inch-tst-turbine-wheel-matte-1.jpg

o.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: caltechkid
Why is Xpel Stealth more than Xpel Ultimate? I have seen a few places quote exactly the same for either. To be honest, I don't see any difference between Xpel Ultimate and a new clean and waxed car (from pictures). I have personally seen a stealth black/dark grey color (not sure if it was xpel or 3m or just regular vinyl wrap) Tesla MS.... it looks amazing.

Why is Xpel Stealth more than Xpel Ultimate? I have seen a few places quote exactly the same for either. To be honest, I don't see any difference between Xpel Ultimate and a new clean and waxed car (from pictures). I have personally seen a stealth black/dark grey color (not sure if it was xpel or 3m or just regular vinyl wrap) Tesla MS.... it looks amazing.
The detailer mentioned there was more waste going with XPEL Stealth. His price is still cheaper than other XPEL detailers in Vancouver and I can't find another person who does Stealth.

My car is black and I have ultimate on the entire car. It always looks super clean and shiny. Looks really sharp. So if you want it to look like it was detailed all the time, go ultimate.

Plus when you use a clearbra cleaner from Chemical Guys to clean your vehicle, it really makes it look brand new.

Bad thing about Ultimate on a dark car is swirl marks.

Last edited:
Why ultimate in warm climate?
Looks super shiny and sleek and easier to maintain.

If you get snow or in very cold climate year round, I feel matte would be way easier to maintain from salt and what not. It’s been a pain in the a** for me this past winter. I have no regrets though, I like the shinyness of ultimate. Makes my car look like it’s waxed/detailed on a daily basis.

I have xpel stealth on my 90D and was wondering about a comment made on ultimate about swirl marks. My understanding was that either stealth or ultimate 'self-heal' swirl marks - is that not true?

I know that I take my stealth-wrapped car through the car wash about once a month and don't have a single swirl mark.