Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Ultimate wrap cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just quoted $6500 plus tax for a complete bumper to bumper wrap of my MX, which includes seat backs and headlamps. Is this a good price for the Nashville metro area, or any area, really? I'm pumped about getting my MX in a couple weeks, and it's going to be a bit of a show piece for my business, so I want protection but don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks!

Reactions: sunrocket
I was just quoted $6500 plus tax for a complete bumper to bumper wrap of my MX, which includes seat backs and headlamps. Is this a good price for the Nashville metro area, or any area, really? I'm pumped about getting my MX in a couple weeks, and it's going to be a bit of a show piece for my business, so I want protection but don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks!
In Chicago I paid $6400 for Xpel and window tinting. It was only a couple hundred for the tinting. I got a couple quotes and most were a few hundred less, but I went with a place that does a ton of the wraps. They also wrapped the edges where possible, and pulled off the emblems and got new ones from Tesla to put back on. That way they didn't cut around them.

This was for a Model S.

I just had my Sig X wrapped in Allentown PA. All painted exterior surfaces with XPEL Ultimate. I did not get the seat backs done. Cost was $4,717, but he said his XPEL contact told him the retail price should have been $6,500. He told me he couldn't charge that in our area so he discounts. Despite the discount he doesn't cut any corners. All edges are wrapped so you can't see any lines. I also had my X paint corrected and after the XPEL, the car coated with CQuartz and interior detailing (white seats cleaned and coated with a protectant as well) for an additional $1,611. My X looks great. The Sig Red color really pops now. So it all depends on location and the dealer. Try to get recommendations from existing customers. My guy had done a Tesla Model S before so he was familiar with Teslas and I had at least one Tesla owner recommend the guy.

From what I have experienced, it's location and installer. Please don't be the guinea pig to save a couple of bucks. If the shop charges a little extra, and the shop is packed with customers, chances are that it's a good shop. Saving a few bucks over the lifetime of the vehicle is meaningless if the job has issues. Try and get the vehicle in as soon as possible after purchase. That way there will be less road damage to the paint that the shop has to "correct," and the end results should shine through.

You guys are crazy.

When you trade it back to tesla for a newer model after 4 years, tesla won't offer you for a penny more than trade in price. I say penny is a bit joke, but you know what I mean. Buyer won't tell you I will pay you $$$$ more because you have xpel wrap. If you think to sell to private, go to the "tesla for sell" section in this forum to see what buyer winning to pay used tesla.

Xpel itself is overpriced already, plus those detailing installer want to bite you a chuck off too because you can afford a $100k car. Those installer set up dealer account with expel to buy xpel wrap at a discount price, at most $1000-$2000 they pay, they then charge you $400/hr labor for $4000+. They will tell you they take pride of their job and through in some "paint correction" to make you feel you got more than you paid because tesla did bad paint job for the brand new car

Last edited:
You guys are crazy.

When you trade it back to tesla for a newer model after 4 years, tesla won't offer you for a penny more than trade in price. I say penny is a bit joke, but you know what I mean. Buyer won't tell you I will pay you $$$$ more because you have xpel wrap. If you think to sell to private, go to the "tesla for sell" section in this forum to see what buyer winning to pay used tesla.

Xpel itself is overpriced already, plus those detailing installer want to bite you a chuck off too because you can afford a $100k car. Those installer set up dealer account with expel to buy xpel wrap at a discount price, at most $1000-$2000 they pay, they then charge you $400/hr labor for $4000+. They will tell you they take pride of their job and through in some "paint correction" to make you feel you got more than you paid because tesla did bad paint job for the brand new car
No one is making you do it. You might as well say that we are crazy for buying a Tesla when you can get a Corolla for $15k. They both get you to where you are trying to go.

I got the Xpel because it also makes the car much more scratch resistant, which is obvious if you look at some of the photos of the car in the forums. If you had some kind of collectors item that was worth over $100k I'm sure a lot of people would do what they can to protect it. I also did it for the ease of maintenance.

I just had my Sig X wrapped in Allentown PA. All painted exterior surfaces with XPEL Ultimate. I did not get the seat backs done. Cost was $4,717, but he said his XPEL contact told him the retail price should have been $6,500. He told me he couldn't charge that in our area so he discounts. Despite the discount he doesn't cut any corners. All edges are wrapped so you can't see any lines. I also had my X paint corrected and after the XPEL, the car coated with CQuartz and interior detailing (white seats cleaned and coated with a protectant as well) for an additional $1,611. My X looks great. The Sig Red color really pops now. So it all depends on location and the dealer. Try to get recommendations from existing customers. My guy had done a Tesla Model S before so he was familiar with Teslas and I had at least one Tesla owner recommend the guy.

I've been considering using these guys too. Nice to know you're pleased with the results and their service.

You guys are crazy.

And for $29.95 you can get Earl Shieb to repaint the whole car. ;-)

It is a preference, not a necessity. For me this will most likely be my last vehicle and I want it to stay as pretty as long as possible. When I sold my Highlander Hybrid, I looked at that big front and saw lots and lots of chips. When I first saw my X I saw all that paint up front and knew I had to do something to protect it. Then I looked at the doors and figured I had to protect them. Then the spoiler on the back hit the garage door a couple of times, so I had to protect that. Then I decided to do the entire X. And I don't regret it at all. My money, my decision. If I were leasing I wouldn't do this, but like I said I plan on owning my X for a long time.

Keep in mind these are what we typically see across the country and it can vary with these factors:
- Where you live
- Demand for paint protection film
- Size of your vehicle

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

For full car coverage: This includes every painted surface on the car possible. This ranges from $4,500 - $8,000.

Yes, keep in mind those are general ranges. It can be slightly lower or higher, depending where you live.
Sorry, I thought I had deleted my post. it's also for Suntek product and not XPEL. I think if you can get it fully wrapped for around $4k that's a great price. If you're paying closer to $8k then it would be cheaper to drive your car to Texas, stay in a fancy hotel, have it wrapped and drive it back :)

Reactions: madodel
Everybody has great responses. Thanks for the input. I plan on financing through Tesla and trading in the MX in 3-4 years, so I'm not unaware that paying $6500 for paint protection may do me no good when it comes time to trade it back to Tesla using their guarantee buyback. However, if the film makes it look nicer, offers scratch resistance, is easier to maintain, etc., then I'm considering it.

Just curious for those with Xpel Ultimate. What has been your experience with Xpel helping to reduce the amount of effort needed to keep the car clean and the amount of time to wash the car, and did that factor into your decision to get it vs. other competing films?

Just curious for those with Xpel Ultimate. What has been your experience with Xpel helping to reduce the amount of effort needed to keep the car clean and the amount of time to wash the car, and did that factor into your decision to get it vs. other competing films?
I've only had it for 2 weeks and haven't washed it yet but what I was told is that XPEL just protects the paint from scratches. It has a 10 year guarantee. I had CQuartz applied over the EXPEL to help with keeping the X cleaner. It is a ceramic coating that makes water bead up. CQuartz needs to be redone every 2 years or so.

XPEL has "rinse free" car wash stuff that makes cleaning easier since you don't need to pull out the hose:

Rinse Free Car Wash | XPEL

I believe I have seen some youtube videos showing how this works as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: gmtom1