Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Wrap FWD And Sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone wrapped their FWD? If so, has there been any issues with the sensors that are behind the metal?

Also, are there sensors behind the two front doors like there are behind the FWD? Sometimes it seems like the two front doors know there is an obstacle and don't open all the way to avoid damage.

Thanks
Greg

Has anyone wrapped their FWD? If so, has there been any issues with the sensors that are behind the metal?

Also, are there sensors behind the two front doors like there are behind the FWD? Sometimes it seems like the two front doors know there is an obstacle and don't open all the way to avoid damage.

Thanks
Greg
I got the FWDs wrapped and no issues. There aren't any proximity sensors on front doors. The car uses FWD sensors to decide how much the front door should open

my Feb 2016 p90d's front bumper is wrapped and I have had no issues with radar. The reason I started the post is because Tesla officially recommends not to wrap the FWD due to the embedded sensors. Form the p90d, I followed their recommendation. However, just like the kind folks who chimed in on this thread, I am hearing from others that wrapping has no effect on the FWD sensors. so when I get my p100d in the next few weeks, I'll wrap the doors as well.

Thanks you all for the input.

Greg

Thanks
Greg

Hi Greg,

As everyone has mentioned, we have not seen any issues with the film interfering with the FWD. We've done quite a few full wraps at our XPEL locations

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler