Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Wrap - Seams?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys pay crazy prices. I've quoted three XPEL vendors in Cincinnati Ohio obtained from XPEL's web site and got the following:
Full Hood, Fender and Mirror Kit $1,395 to $1,550
Full Wrap kit $4,795 to $5,400

All are pre-cut and that does not include tax.

I'm also trying to avoid seams/edges, but can't bring myself to pay the premium for that.

Prices here in SD:
Full front: $1800
Full car: $5k

Add $1k if you want all edges wrapped, and minimal seams.

A place in LA quoted me the following for seamless/edge-less:
Full front: $2500
Full car: $8500

I want to fully protect the car, but sheesh, that doesn't leave me any $$ for tint or ceramic coating.

I'm also trying to avoid seams/edges, but can't bring myself to pay the premium for that.

Prices here in SD:
Full front: $1800
Full car: $5k

Add $1k if you want all edges wrapped, and minimal seams.

A place in LA quoted me the following for seamless/edge-less:
Full front: $2500
Full car: $8500

I want to fully protect the car, but sheesh, that doesn't leave me any $$ for tint or ceramic coating.

Have u tried 5 point or monumental ??the prices u have above are several hundred higher and are probably the median numbers ..also depends on what film ...if u want truly tucked edges you need to remove panels etc as you want the film to terminate on a flat surface for better adhesion ...if an installer is just tucking in the film expect that to come off over time ...honestly the cut edges are fine ..as long as u ceramic the car dirt won’t accumulate on the edges ...for a 3 i would think a price for front wrapped less than 1400 is decent

Have u tried 5 point or monumental ??the prices u have above are several hundred higher and are probably the median numbers ..also depends on what film ...if u want truly tucked edges you need to remove panels etc as you want the film to terminate on a flat surface for better adhesion ...if an installer is just tucking in the film expect that to come off over time ...honestly the cut edges are fine ..as long as u ceramic the car dirt won’t accumulate on the edges ...for a 3 i would think a price for front wrapped less than 1400 is decent

Yes. The prices are from those places. Elite Auto was $50 less, but much higher on ceramic coating. I'd prefer to do the wrap and coating at same place to avoid finger pointing if something goes wrong.

I suppose I can deal with some edges, because I certainly don't want to deal with the film coming off.

Yes. The prices are from those places. Elite Auto was $50 less, but much higher on ceramic coating. I'd prefer to do the wrap and coating at same place to avoid finger pointing if something goes wrong.

I suppose I can deal with some edges, because I certainly don't want to deal with the film coming off.

Monumental has a group buy Theo is reasonable dude work with him on a package for tint and wrap only thing is he doesn’t do ceramic ...only other place I would take in SD is CE but $$$$$

Window tin group buy in San Diego

Reactions: SD_Engnr