Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

xpel wrapping vs. periodic maintenance / detailing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see clear bra as a peace of mind for the owner. Yes, a full wrap ensures a swirl free paint job and easier washes...but the real value is in peace of mind, imho. You spend a lot of money on your Tesla and being able to relax while you enjoy using it is valuable. For some, this isn't a thing because they see a car as a tool to get from point A to point B. But for many, their cars are much more than that.

This is precisely why I ended up wrapping about 90% of my paint in Xpel. This, and things like Leoph's story! I initially just did the full front, but as soon as I got it back I was wishing I had done more. So I ended up getting the doors and rear quarter panels done too. With my past cars (which I didn't really put much thought into the paint at all) had each ended up with at the minimum a door ding or paint scratch(es) and one instance very similar to Leoph's photo above. My past vehicles, being SUV's, always felt more utilitarian and so I usually just let those things go and never got them fixed.

The thought of a door scratch or side swipe on my Tesla would drive me insane. So it ended up getting fully wrapped and I haven't looked back. Love the look and LOVE not having to worry about scratching, swirling, bird pooping type issues!

It definitely wasn't cheap but it was most definitely "worth it."

Somewhat off topic, but what can anyone tell me about using a car cover? I won't have a garage for the first 12 months after taking delivery of my MS with Pano roof, and I don't have budget to wrap the whole car. So with clear bra on the front clip and nano treatment on the rest of the paint, can I use the Tesla cover without scratching the paint? I can envision folding the sides of the cover onto the top, then folding (not dragging) the cover from back to front and storing it in the frunk.

Your paint has to be 100% clean before installing the cover and make sure the coating is 100% cured (at least 30 days) prior to using the cover. You will still end up w swirls/marring on the unfilmed areas from installation/removal and when it's windy the cover will move on the car.