TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Xpel

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Trigger, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Trigger

Trigger Member

I have had my Model S 75 exactly one year now. It is pearl white and I had an Xpel bra applied to the front end and mirrors. The corporate Xpel shop at 220 Barron Springs Rd, Houston, TX 77090 did the work for under $1000.00 I must admit that their price was not cheap but neither was my Tesla. Again, you get what you pay for and often you get more. I had some fairly minor places where the film did not adhere, mostly at acute angle inside corners of the front bumper and lights. The Houston General Manager Mr. Eric P, said "We'll take care of that under the 10 year warranty" and they did. They did not repair anything. They replaced the Xpel from the headlights down and both mirror housings. I had even scuffed the driver's side bumper skirt in front of the wheel, definitely my fault. That was included, too. Charge = $ ZERO

Otherwise, the Xpel bra took several hits on my recent road trip to the Grand Canyon and did it's job admirably. There was no paint damage and Xpel is self-healing. My investment is paying off handsomely. I HIGHLY recommend Xpel of Houston.

2. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

+1 Full wrap on my Model S and my previous Corvette. the Vette had 47000 miles and a bunch of track time when I sold it and the finish looked like new.

3. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member

This is good to hear as I'm contemplating having the hood and front bumper protected with Xpel. Black is an absolute nightmare to keep perfect. Not too many local dealers in PA though. How long would it take to install? Do they buff/polish the surfaces before installation, or do I need to have it detailed elsewhere first? Thanks in advance!

4. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

I had the entire front end plus the A pillars and roof done on my car and a year later I needed a few touchups here and there. My installer fixed them no questions asked.

5. MSDadMich

MSDadMich Member

A local business here in the metro Detroit suburbs of Michigan does xpel wrap... he's quoting me a little over 5500 dollars to wrap the entire model S. I did not realize the price would be this high for a wrap. Can anyone on here offer a quote that they received for a full wrap? Would love to feel better about spending this much on a wrap. Thx in advance.

6. kev1n

kev1n Member

under $1000? is that for bumper only? if that is for a front end. that is cheap

7. OCS300

OCS300 Member

$6k for a full wrap on mine in Chicago two months ago

8. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member

Personally, I'd wrap the bumper, hood and MAYBE mirrors and A pillars. Of course my Tesla is my third car, so it won't see the winter. I'm mostly worried about bugs and stone chips. I'm going to get a quote from the nearest dealer to Pittsburgh, PA and see what they say. If I'm paying $6k, I'd wrap the whole car in a different color and get rid of this pain-in-the-rear to keep clean black.

9. OCS300

OCS300 Member

The full wrap actually helps with maintaining black. The shop did a full paint correction and then wrapped the entire car with Xpel, 3 days after purchase. Now everytime it gets washed it looks like it just got done being waxed. U also don't get the typical swirl marks after washing.

I also drive about 30k a year and all highway miles with lots of trucks. In the last 5k miles, already protected the paint from 3 rock chips with one being on the side door. It's my daily driver.

10. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Trigger,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Houston Location. We hope you guys are doing okay with the recent hurricane.

Jjh1234,

Installs usually take anywhere between two and six hours depending on what you have protected. The paint from the factory is not always perfect, so having the paint corrected before the install is recommended. I have provided a link to our two local shops near the Pittsburgh Area. We were recently at Corvettes at Carlisle and had local installers doing onsite installations at the show. One of those installers was Blackout Tinting, they are an excellent group of guys and do great work. If you have any more questions feel free to PM us and we will be glad to answer them.