Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpell - how much tip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up my Model X tomorrow from the detailler. I had the entire car wrapped with xpel as well as the seat backs and had a protective opticoat pro layer applied on the top. The bill will be somewhere around 10k. They had the car 4 days to complete all the work. How much tip should I give?

When I have had work done like this, I go to a small shop, and deal directly with the business owner or partner who does the work. I have not given a tip. Never even thought about it.

What I have done is always recommend them to anyone who asks about what I have done, or at car shows and the like showing off the car.

I am picking up my Model X tomorrow from the detailler. I had the entire car wrapped with xpel as well as the seat backs and had a protective opticoat pro layer applied on the top. The bill will be somewhere around 10k. They had the car 4 days to complete all the work. How much tip should I give?
I tipped the guy who did the final car wash before delivery but otherwise since I was dealing with the owner I didn't think of tipping. But yeah I guess the workers should get a tip.

Tip? I tip the guys working for minimum wage at the car wash (for my other cars). But I can't say I've ever tipped for a product/service like this. If there was a situation where a worker (not owner) went out of his/her way then it might be a different matter. I just don't see this as a tipping situation. PS: And I'm generally a very generous tipper too.

Detailing and wrapping a vehicle is a labor of love, detail, and superb attention to detail. Would feel happy to give the installer an extra $100 dollar bill to show your appreciation, (especially on a $10k job) Not so much as the money, as in appreciation of the fine job done.

why would you feel the need to tip?
I am sure you were charged enough for the shop to make a sufficient profit.

why would you feel the need to tip?
I am sure you were charged enough for the shop to make a sufficient profit.
Sufficient profit for the owners if the owner did the work. If the owner has installers, on an hourly wage,(or per installation wage) do the work I am sure they would appreciate a tip. It is skilled work, don't know what an average hourly rate would be.

I'm trying to comprehend spending $10k on a protective wrap for a crossover kid-hauler.