Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They looked at the car and ordered some parts.

1. PT Sensor, Low Pressure
    Part #: 1510048-00-B
    Order Date: December 1, 2020
  2. PT Sensor, High Pressure
    Part #: 1510047-00-B

Jabnlab, are these the two sensors they ordered for you? Hopefully they’re not missing a busted super manifold for us.

They looked at the car and ordered some parts.

1. PT Sensor, Low Pressure
    Part #: 1510048-00-B
  2. PT Sensor, High Pressure
    Part #: 1510047-00-B

Jabnlab, are these the two sensors they ordered for you? Hopefully they’re not missing a busted super manifold for us.

Yes, those are the sensors they ordered for me as well as a supermanifold. My parts email said it wouldn't show parts they had in stock so maybe they already have a supermanifold for you.

I'm curious as to why mine now works after the update (I'm not complaining), did the update fix it, or is it just a work around to make it work despite the bad sensors.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I’ve been having a weird issue where if I set the heat to manual and “HI” it blows cool or lukewarm air out of the vents. Preheating via the all or Auto mode seem to work fine. I scheduled an appointment to see if something is wrong.

Update was just to tell the car to ignore the broken sensor. Work around but at least got the heat back on for me.

I was thinking it was a work around, and I'm glad it got mine going or it was going to be rough leading up to my appointment on the 8th, lol.

My coworker (who has a tuned F450 diesel that he blew the engine in recently passing someone) was giving me a hard time about my heat not working, then I got the update that got it working again so I asked him if Ford gave him an update to fix his engine yet. He didn't like that, lol

Update 'fixed' my problem. I'm fine with having a dumbed down system that ignores humidity if that's what's happening. It may be an occasional fault in the sensor and now the software clears the fault more efficiently.... Tesla app still reports accurate interior temperature.... Heat works. Most importantly, i finally can now preheat and get battery warmed up, windows open and ice off windshield-

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
^^^this, if it works. I'm thinking a software update might be preferable to a mechanical repair outside of the factory. Unless, of course, the part itself is still at risk of failing down the road...outside of warranty.

Reactions: Rshephorse
I think its very important to get the sensors replaced even if the update works around them. The sensors are pressure sensors, which would be important down the road to protect the heatpump if something were to happen to this system, if you are low on refrigerant or the refrigerant lines get plugged and the pressure goes too high or too low the sensors are in place to shut down the heatpump so it doesn't get damaged.

Reactions: laughMan
I think its very important to get the sensors replaced even if the update works around them. The sensors are pressure sensors, which would be important down the road to protect the heatpump if something were to happen to this system, if you are low on refrigerant or the refrigerant lines get plugged and the pressure goes too high or too low the sensors are in place to shut down the heatpump so it doesn't get damaged.
Can't Tesla somehow pull the error code and know the difference between a humidity sensor being a bit off vs a mission-critical sensor failure?

I am in Ft Lauderdale area and have ac problems since the day we picked it up. If the temp ouside shows around 80 degrees and we put the ac on manual (or auto) and set it to 73 or 74 the ac should blow cold air. It blows warm air. The second we turn it to 72 it starts blowing cold air. One or two degrees up from 72 shouldn't make it blow warm air. I had it in the shop twice for this and they did a test where the screen shows all is working the way it should.

In my 2018 model 3 it's NOT a heat pump and the ac works perfect and the way it should. I'm starting to think the efficiency of the new heat pump doesn't outweigh all the ac/heat problems people are having since it was introduced.

So my appointment was scheduled for tomorrow (12/8) and today I get a text from my service center asking if 2020.44.25 fixed my heat. I told them yes and asked if it was a permanent fix and they said that it was. The system has 3 pressure sensors and 1 is faulty and the update made it so 2 do the job of 3 and then said they are going to cancel my appointment and they will replace the faulty sensor at a future visit (they mentioned 2 year service)

Reactions: Rshephorse
So my appointment was scheduled for tomorrow (12/8) and today I get a text from my service center asking if 2020.44.25 fixed my heat. I told them yes and asked if it was a permanent fix and they said that it was. The system has 3 pressure sensors and 1 is faulty and the update made it so 2 do the job of 3 and then said they are going to cancel my appointment and they will replace the faulty sensor at a future visit (they mentioned 2 year service)

You might suggest to them that it is not fixed. That a bandaid work around was found. Up to you of course as to your comfort level.

You might suggest to them that it is not fixed. That a bandaid work around was found. Up to you of course as to your comfort level.
In all honesty, I'm ok with not going to the service center right now if the heat is working. I live in New Hampshire and the service center is in Massachusetts which has travel restrictions right now, so I was taking a chance of getting a $500 fine bringing it down. I plan on bringing it in this spring/summer for another issue that only happens in warm weather (front trunk ajar bug) so they can replace it then and hopefully the travel restrictions will be eased up by then

I have a service case opened in the app. Any tricks to get Tesla to respond quickly and send me that sw fix?
The software fix people are talking about was in the latest software update that we all got. You may want to reboot the car (brake pedal, thumbwheels) to see if that clears the fault once you've got the latest software onboard. If that's not working - then you likely have a different problem.

Hi all, October Model Y build here with an AC and heat issue. If I put the car on LO or HI, both cool and heat works great. The minute I change it to 70, compressor starts cycling on off on off for about a minute and then fails. When this happens, heat and cool fail for the rest of the day, and there’s an error shown on the climate slider in Park saying “climate keeper unavailable due to system fault” and climate cannot be started from the app. Next day, seems to reset and works again.

I had it into service twice so far and they can’t reproduce it, which blows my mind because it happens to me every time I try, but with COVID and distancing it’s harder to explain or show this.

Anyone know if this is a known issue I can point them to? Thanks

You've been on this site for more than 10 years and only have 5 posts? Must be some kind of record. Don't waste one by replying :D

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
I have a 2021 with a heated steering wheel and the heat went out with the same fault. I did a full reboot of the car too. Nice living in crappy WI where it is 5 degrees out now! I did get a photo of the onscreen error too. One other odd thing.... the Y feels VERY restricted. I floor it and barely takes off. Feels like driving a 4 cyclinder POS car. I keep the car on creep but it is doing heavy regen when I take my foot off the accelerator. Note the car was down to 60-50 miles left on the charge. My S never did this. All started when the heat went out. I have 500 miles on this car and had it for about a week. SMH. Car is charging. Will see if this accelerator issue was due to the low state of charge or something else.