Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
chammerbeck: Are you aware that as the SOC drops, the power available is reduced? Add in the extreme cold temps, and you're experiencing what is, sadly, normal for an EV designed and built in CA. Not excusing Tesla, though.

My MY heater went out 2 weeks ago. The heat would work when I started driving and then would just stop, only blowing cold air until I “shut off” the car for a while.

They thought it was a bad “Bridgeport sensor” but then determined that it was the super manifold. Warranty item, 1day service with a loaner. Very convenient. Of course, they did not secure the rear seat properly. Poor QA on that, but no problems with the heater since.

Reactions: chammerbeck
just drove mine to work this morning. I had it plugged in overnight in my heated garage at 46f. I did pre-heat and had heat to and from work this morning. I plan on another trip later today. My acceleration and braking were normal again with a full charge. Must be some limitations when the SOC is very low to limit acceleration and maximize regen.

Hello Christopher,

Additional parts have been ordered for servicing your car. We will send you updates twice a week until your service is completed.

Parts Ordered
  1. PT Sensor, High Pressure
    Part #: 1510047-00-B
    Order Date: February 9, 2021
  2. PT Sensor, Low Pressure
    Part #: 1510048-00-B
    Order Date: February 9, 2021

You may review, modify, or check the status of your appointment at anytime on your Tesla app. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you so much for being a Tesla customer.

Tesla

My MY heater went out 2 weeks ago. The heat would work when I started driving and then would just stop, only blowing cold air until I “shut off” the car for a while.

They thought it was a bad “Bridgeport sensor” but then determined that it was the super manifold. Warranty item, 1day service with a loaner. Very convenient. Of course, they did not secure the rear seat properly. Poor QA on that, but no problems with the heater since.

What is the super manifold? is it the Octavalve?

NO HEAT.. AGAIN. Waiting on my 2nd repair in less than a month - SO FRUSTRATED.

NOVEMBER 4, 2021: I had my Low/Hi pressure sensors replaced at my local service in early November after experiencing no heat. I think it’s funny how they put in notes "educated customer to use auto mode for heat" You shouldn't have to only use auto mode only for heat if you don't have to, but I digress. I had in manual mode bc when in auto air would only blow to feet not the top vents.

DECEMBER 10, 2021: I put my car in dog mode while running errands received these errors: return to vehicle immediatly HVAC error in my Tesla iPhone app "3 unknown error" and a "climate keeper unavailable due to system fault" in the car. Scheduled an appointment they ordered parts, but nothing until early January.

DECEMBER 12, 2021: Tesla pushed a temporary update to try and fix the sensor issue, after the update installed heat worked ok but then sometimes would get no heat sporadic.

DECEMBER 20, 2021: Today while running errands in freezing temperatures, I again experience no heat after getting back into my car, turned on heat to HI as it was 32F, HVAC was blowing freezing ice cold air while on "HI" in auto and manual mode. Numerous restarts didn't fix the issue. Sent another message to Tesla service in the app telling them the hat has failed agin and they offered me a enterprise rental until my Jan 6th appointment. So frustrated with this heat issue.

**Does anyone else's car while in AUTO heat mode, blow air to only the floor vents? That's why tried manual mode to get heat on top air vents AUTO seems to only direct air to the floor which is frustrating.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles