Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y got delivered today and paint was flawless??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kept hearing from everyone that tesla paint is bad. every person I called for possibly doing ceramic or ppf said i would need a 1 stage or even a 2 stage correction.
I just went thru every inch of the car with a flashlight, and in the sun at different angles, and in garage lights. and at least on the white paint, no swirls! a few things that I thought were scratches I wiped with a little pressure some quick detail and microfiber and it came out. Other than that, no flaws.

Now I'm thinking of just doing a ceramic coat myself on it. Feynlabs ceramic light. anyone use that yet?

I got my Y delivered last Tuesday. It had some minor interior defects that mobile service will correct in two weeks but had this major paint flaw on the right rear quarter panel. Tesla referred me to their authorized body shop where I have an appointment to have the panel removed and repainted and hopefully match the rest of the car. It will be in the shop for 5 days and they are providing an ICE rental.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    665.6 KB · Views: 69
My brand new 2019 M3 picked up had a few dimples under drivers door (suspect the chain that held it down from transit smacked it) and under front lip was scuffed... - I mentioned it but no way was I going to get it repaired.
My brand new 2021 MY picked up has flawless paint.

WIn some lose some ;)

I kept hearing from everyone that tesla paint is bad. every person I called for possibly doing ceramic or ppf said i would need a 1 stage or even a 2 stage correction.
I just went thru every inch of the car with a flashlight, and in the sun at different angles, and in garage lights. and at least on the white paint, no swirls! a few things that I thought were scratches I wiped with a little pressure some quick detail and microfiber and it came out. Other than that, no flaws.

Now I'm thinking of just doing a ceramic coat myself on it. Feynlabs ceramic light. anyone use that yet?

My experience also. Early 2021, October delivery. Love the car.