Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y model, 2021 VIN number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Carole here.

New to the group. Getting my Tesla Y this week.

Just got my Model Y VIN number for my 2021. Trying to figure out when it was manufactured, should be after Jan 7th.

Cause its Important to me to get the new updates after this date, heated steering wheel and heated side mirrors.

I assume by now double pain window will come with it, not a concern.

Been on VIN decoder sites. Figured out some of it.

Here is mine if you guys have more info that I am not seeing.

5YJYGDED1MF1202XX

Thanks

Carole

Reactions: EchoDelta
Hi, Carole here.

Just got my Model Y VIN number for my 2021. Trying to figure out when it was manufactured, should be after Jan 7th.

Cause its Important to me to get the new updates after this date, heated steering wheel and heated side mirrors.

5YJYGDED1MF1202XX

Thanks

Carole
Hi, Carole, welcome..... The heated and autodimming side mirrors and heated wheel have been around since early December, so you should be ok there, but you can have the SA check when the car actually arrives. The updated center console and updated lights are more problematic, as those 'mostly' appeared in the early 12X VIN's, but because they don't really build them sequentially, it's hard to say. And I don't believe we have seen the adaptive lights on anything but the Performance version of the MY.

Hi, Carole, welcome..... The heated and autodimming side mirrors and heated wheel have been around since early December, so you should be ok there, but you can have the SA check when the car actually arrives. The updated center console and updated lights are more problematic, as those 'mostly' appeared in the early 12X VIN's, but because they don't really build them sequentially, it's hard to say. And I don't believe we have seen the adaptive lights on anything but the Performance version of the MY.

Thank you very much I will look for updated centre console closely..
I am the one doing all the research for cars and test drives. Been eyeing Tesla since the S came out. Quite happy to get the Y.

Reactions: BigKRIT and mcmcn
I think it depends on your configuration. Seems like the Performance models are getting updated lights and consoles, not the other models.

LR model with that vin should have heated steering wheel and double-pane windows. My LR vin is 118xxx, built this month and has those features but no updated console or headlamps.

I think it depends on your configuration. Seems like the Performance models are getting updated lights and consoles, not the other models.

LR model with that vin should have heated steering wheel and double-pane windows. My LR vin is 118xxx, built this month and has those features but no updated console or headlamps.

Thank you, I will check it out when I get my Y tomorrow. Tesla told me it was build beginning Feb, 3 weeks ago. Carole

Hi Carole

Hope you are doing well in these trying times. When did you order your Y and what date are you getting the delivery done? What is the config? You will def get the dual pane windows, heated steering wheel is in all cars manufactured after Jan 7th. You may get new console but most likey wont get new headlights (only in MYP rn)

Hi Carole

Hope you are doing well in these trying times. When did you order your Y and what date are you getting the delivery done? What is the config? You will def get the dual pane windows, heated steering wheel is in all cars manufactured after Jan 7th. You may get new console but most likey wont get new headlights (only in MYP rn)

Hi.
thank you for the info.
Ordered 3 weeks ago. Delivery is tomorrow the 23rd!!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung

Attachments

• IMG_6935.jpg
    IMG_6935.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_6943.jpg
    IMG_6943.jpg
    686.3 KB · Views: 282
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but do you all think a 103xxx VIN gets the essential (at least to me) updates - heated steering wheel, auto dimming mirrors, laminated (or dual-pane) windows, and USB in glovebox? Given that VIN, I understand the vehicle likely won't come with the updated console or headlights.

When I entered the VIN on a VIN decoder site, all it says is that the 2021 model year vehicle. FYI, this is for a standard range Y.

Last edited:
Hi, Carole here.

5YJYGDED1MF1202XX

Thanks

Carole
Just took delivery of VIN 111XXX. Jan build. No console, no heated wheel or mirrors. Yes on glass. You’ll need a February build to be sure.

Just took delivery of VIN 111XXX. Jan build. No console, no heated wheel or mirrors. Yes on glass. You’ll need a February build to be sure.
I believe Jan 7 onwards builds all have heated steering wheel... so even if you VIN is diff, i think if its older vin but built after that date might have the heated wheel....... i'd think glass and auto-dimming mirrors were standard a bit before the heated wheel came through. Dont think youll have good chance at console or headlights