Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y model, 2021 VIN number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y LR, VIN 117xxx, took delivery 2/12. Heated wheel (YES), double pane glass, no console update.

I'll probably eventually wrap the console with 3M film just like I did to my Model 3, was like $40, took an hour, and turned out great. I think I used stuff from Abstract Ocean. Although this car is mostly for my wife, and she said she prefers the piano black. But we'll see how it ages, my Model 3 console got really scratched up after just a few months.

Bought my LR 2 days ago. I received today my VIN number on the System “109010” they want to deliver between next Monday to Wednesday.

I want the new console and all new features as the USB port on the glove compartment...

Looks like they want to deliver me a old build car. What should I do?

Thanks

Bought my LR 2 days ago. I received today my VIN number on the System “109010” they want to deliver between next Monday to Wednesday.

I want the new console and all new features as the USB port on the glove compartment...

Thanks
Easy peasy. Tell them "Sorry this VIN is too old, i want a newer build, thank-you"

Model Y LR, VIN 117xxx, took delivery 2/12. Heated wheel (YES), double pane glass, no console update.

I'll probably eventually wrap the console with 3M film just like I did to my Model 3, was like $40, took an hour, and turned out great. I think I used stuff from Abstract Ocean. Although this car is mostly for my wife, and she said she prefers the piano black. But we'll see how it ages, my Model 3 console got really scratched up after just a few months.

A lot of people like the old console and want that instead of the new. I think you get more room with it too since on the new console you can't put stuff underneath the charger area its blocked off

Thanks

no you need to find out the build date. If it’s 2/7 or later you’re good. The vin numbers are not sequential some lower numbers are actually newer cars with all the updates.

Thank you every one... I spoke this morning with them... unfortunately the car assigned to me has the old console, I was expecting this once it only took 2 days after I bought it for them schedule my delivery... Look like old inventory.

The lady on the phone was very kind and suggested for unmatch this car from my order, and wait for a the next one. In her opinion it should happen by the end of this month.

I just hope that my approval loan still valid after all this process. I don't want another hard inquire in my credit again.

Thank you every one... I spoke this morning with them... unfortunately the car assigned to me has the old console, I was expecting this once it only took 2 days after I bought it for them schedule my delivery... Look like old inventory.

The lady on the phone was very kind and suggested for unmatch this car from my order, and wait for a the next one. In her opinion it should happen by the end of this month.

I just hope that my approval loan still valid after all this process. I don't want another hard inquire in my credit again.
You'll be fine. I had them remove 2 VINs from my order before I got one with the date I wanted, no impact to the loan paperwork with Tesla at all.

I believe Jan 7 onwards builds all have heated steering wheel... so even if you VIN is diff, i think if its older vin but built after that date might have the heated wheel....... i'd think glass and auto-dimming mirrors were standard a bit before the heated wheel came through. Dont think youll have good chance at console or headlights
Definitely no heated wheel, OEM label gives the month but not date of mfr. My Y did not make the cut. But I live in Florida, so . . . You are right about dimming mirrors coming earlier. I was disappointed by the old console, then added white Evannex veneers. Wow. Very happy now.

An update for you guys... I asked by a reassigned VIN number in order to receive a new car with a new center console...

I got the same VIN number again... and they automatically schedule my pickup date to tomorrow morning ....

My VIN is 109010 and the Fabrication date is 01/19/21...

Today my advisor text me asking if I want to revoke this car again and hope for a new VIN number... my question is about the timing... regular delivery dates are now up to 11 weeks... I’m afraid to loose my approval loan once this could take more the a month. My credit score dropped 40 points ... I don’t want have to run everything again...

in my position what would you do?

Hi there, I was probably in a similar situation as I took delivery 3 days after the order. It’s really up to you, if you really need/want the car now, just get it and enjoy it. If you can wait and risk having to get reapproved for a new loan, just wait. Remember that .2% difference on a 60 month loan really won’t change much to your monthly payment, ultimately. If you want the absolutely latest and greatest, I would wait. But remember that if you take delivery in May, by June, there will be new MYs coming out of factories with new features that your car won’t have. Changes and improvements never stop! No matter what you’ll get a great car.

My LR Y was built 2/14/2021 It has:
New console. New as in not glossy and the door slides open, not flips open.
Mag phone charging left and right
Dual pane windows
New headlights...completely badass and the auto high beams are crazy bright.
Heated Steering wheel
Hepa? No clue

My LR Y was built 2/14/2021 It has:
New console. New as in not glossy and the door slides open, not flips open.
Mag phone charging left and right
Dual pane windows
New headlights...completely badass and the auto high beams are crazy bright.
Heated Steering wheel
Hepa? No clue
Hmm you sure about the new headlights with a 2/14 build date? Can we have some pics please ?

Reactions: angus[Y]oung