Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y model, 2021 VIN number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. So I just texted my SA to see if he could share the build date of my Y LR. He didn't give me the date but asked if I was checking to see If I'll get updated console and headlights. I told him yes . His response was "the most recent update was the headlights, but you should have that as well. The LR Y gets the headlights, yeah!"
I've asked him a follow up if he has seen any LR Y with the new headlights and post screenshot of his response. Looking at other posts I am not too optimistic about new headlights on my Y LR.

View attachment 645997
And they should be able to see the exact build date. Either they aren’t at work with the information in front of them or they are just incompetent. Part of the information in their system with the vin is the born on date.

And they should be able to see the exact build date. Either they aren’t at work with the information in front of them or they are just incompetent. Part of the information in their system with the vin is the born on date.
I'm honestly beginning to think its the latter. I went in to the showroom yesterday with wife to show her other color options and the guy was there. I again asked him and he said oh yeah the new headlights are on LR Y and then began to look through all the LR Y there. Obviously none of them had new headlights even some 144xxx vins. Honestly build date now really doesn't matter to me as it should have all the updates except for the headlights(my guess based on 136XXX vin).
Thanks

This might be another issue of someone (a Tesla employee this time) thinking that the lights with projectors on the MY P and M3 are “old” and the ones without projectors are “new”. Maybe someone at Tesla can send out information to help these people answer questions.

Are the new headlights really that important? It isn’t a major deal, at least for me it wasn’t. It’s not if it’s a major refresh like 2020 Model S to a 2021. My SR MY came with the refresh console but even if it didn’t, I wasn’t going to reject the car because of it.

Reactions: Mrbrock
Are the new headlights really that important? It isn’t a major deal, at least for me it wasn’t. It’s not if it’s a major refresh like 2020 Model S to a 2021. My SR MY came with the refresh console but even if it didn’t, I wasn’t going to reject the car because of it.
Until someone from the US can show a comparative video of new vs old that definitively shows they are better with current regulation then my answer is still going to be no. A non starter. Missing out on lots of enjoyment by being stubborn.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Not to mention, Tesla is constantly upgrading. You’re eventually going to miss out on something.
Yeah exactly why I stopped caring.
The biggest closure for me was the IIHS ratings for the 2020 model 3 headlights compared to my Lexus RX triple beams and our Prius Prime. It beat both of them and I thought they were bright as hell.

Also, all current old headlights owners love their headlights and claim it's the brightest they ever had and don't wish they had the new ones haha #overit

Reactions: Mrbrock
I picked up my MYP today with a 134xxx VIN and it obviously came with all upgrades including the new headlights. I didn't auto level the lights until after my 200mi drive home with about 45 minutes in complete dark after charging a bit. Honestly didn't know I should and no idea if it made a difference yet as I didn't take it out of the garage after. But.......

It seems there is a decent "V" shape right in the middle of the light pattern at the top where light is missing. Also seemed like they were aimed a bit low but hopefully auto leveling fixed that. Will try to take pics and report back tomorrow.

Hi All,

New to TMC! So I may be picking up the last new MY SR in all of the U.S. and I have a vin of 115xxx and I'm aware it will not have the new center console but was wondering if it got everything else. I realize there is only a few SR owners but if anyone could provide any info it would be greatly appreciated! Also picking up delivery on Saturday 3/27