Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y on order, what to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thapreacha

2021 Model 3 SR+ FSD
Jun 24, 2021
Nashville, TN
I ordered a model y in July and it is now expected to be delivered in november. However I found a new model 3 and bought that with pickup tomorrow. Now I have a model y on order and I'm not sure what to do with it. Your thoughts?

The use car market is a sellers game. Low mileage Tesla, who knows what it may be worth, but you can start looking around. Check with some of your dealers in your area and see if they are interested in making a purchase and you might make a profit. Na, just kidding. Keep it handy for when the 3 wears out.

If you have the means, I would keep it and consider resale on it. I am picking up my MY LR tomorrow, and have a MS LR scheduled for Dec/Jan delivery. I'm going to drive the Y a few months - and decide if I keep or trade 'up', or keep both and trade in my wife's car (if she loves the Y). I was already offered more than I paid by two local dealers - $3000 more to be exact. Not a ton, but at least not losing 10-15% value leaving the lot.

Reactions: thapreacha
Depends on what you like. If I was younger than 40 with no kids, the M3 would be tempting. I enjoy the extra height and cargo room of the MY, and my kids like the back seat much better. The back seat difference is way bigger than the specs indicate because there is plenty of room under the front seats of the MY for feet to go.

Reactions: thapreacha