Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y Performace vs LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel it’s pretty decent for an SUV/crossover. Not sure you can really compare it to the 911
It’s ok. BMW and Porsche SUV’s are better. I guess on par with Mercedes SUV. Those cars are planted and you feel like you’re a part of the car. It’s hard to explain but I just don’t get the same feeling in the Tesla. It feels like I’m sitting on the car rather than a part of it.

I’m happy with my MYP for now despite all the issues Im having with it but definitely looking forward to electrified German cars joining the fray.

Thanks. Just sold my 17 911s Cab , for what I paid for it in 17. stupid crazy price. I just figured I’d wait until spring a reassess. Do you thing the M3P is better performance ?
The M3P is a faster car all around, a half second faster to 60 and the 1/4 and obviously handles better because its lower and lighter.
MYP handles ok. Horrible when compared to a proper sports car in corners and fast transitions though. First clover leaf freeway interchange and you’ll notice the difference between your 911 and the MYP. It’s a classic American muscle car. Fast in the straight line but not really suited for corners.
Stop with this gibberish. I can carry the same speeds as my other highly tuned cars. The bias against these cars is astonishing, freaking dumbfounding. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: PackMan730
Whenever I read an inquiry from someone interested in the Performance Model Y I wonder if maybe they would be better off getting a Performance Model 3. If it is sports car level handling you are seeking the Model 3 would be worth considering. Since you already have a Model Y at home to handle large cargo and towing needs the Performance Model 3 would perfectly complement your wife's Long Range Model Y.

MYP handles ok. Horrible when compared to a proper sports car in corners and fast transitions though. First clover leaf freeway interchange and you’ll notice the difference between your 911 and the MYP. It’s a classic American muscle car. Fast in the straight line but not really suited for corners.
The handling is very good for the way I drive. The question is how fast are you planning on driving this car? Maybe coming from a Porsche you should consider the model S plaid. It'll be way faster than your Porsche and handle much better than the model y. The advantage of the Porsche is the status and being able to peacock. Car is loud all around and people just look at who's driving the Porsche. My brother says everyone always looks to see who's inside when he's driving his Porsche and he loves it, and that is perfectly fine. Depends on what you want. The model s or y both have a lot of space. I just like the elevated car plus the space in the back.

It’s ok. BMW and Porsche SUV’s are better. I guess on par with Mercedes SUV. Those cars are planted and you feel like you’re a part of the car. It’s hard to explain but I just don’t get the same feeling in the Tesla. It feels like I’m sitting on the car rather than a part of it.

I’m happy with my MYP for now despite all the issues Im having with it but definitely looking forward to electrified German cars joining the fray.
It'll be another 3 to 4 years at least before BMW or any of the Germans get an electric car made right. Why you get the Audi e Tron or the porsche taycan? Maybe you'll be happier in that over the MYP.