Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y still does not qualify for $2500 MA rebate after the $3K price cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got excited yesterday for a moment at the below $50K price thinking this will allow for the $2500 MA EV rebate. Turns out that MA also includes delivery fee. So that puts it right back over $50K threshold. Otherwise the savings would have been $5500. Maybe folks in MA need to wait a little more to get that rebate on Y. Either more price cuts by Tesla or the state will raise it to $55K.

Got excited yesterday for a moment at the below $50K price thinking this will allow for the $2500 MA EV rebate. Turns out that MA also includes delivery fee. So that puts it right back over $50K threshold. Otherwise the savings would have been $5500. Maybe folks in MA need to wait a little more to get that rebate on Y. Either more price cuts by Tesla or the state will raise it to $55K.
Thanks for letting us know. I was strongly considering canceling my performance order and going with the base AWD because of the additional savings but I guess it doesn’t matter.

Maybe you can pick it up at Fremont in person. ROAD TRIP !

Hi folks, heard from the Natick Tesla advisor that the rebate rules have changed in a sense that the destination fees are now excluded from the 50k limit and stock MY now qualifies. Taking delivery in a few days, really hoping that this will play out.

Hi folks, heard from the Natick Tesla advisor that the rebate rules have changed in a sense that the destination fees are now excluded from the 50k limit and stock MY now qualifies. Taking delivery in a few days, really hoping that this will play out.

As much as I would like you to get into your new model Y... if the incentive is a critical part of your budgeting, I would not rely solely on the advisor. You can contact mor-ev directly at 866-900-4223 or [email protected] and they will be able to tell you with certainty. I have contacted them a couple of times in the past and they have always replied promptly and been super friendly and helpful.

If true, why the website is not updated yet? Here are screenshots from the model 3 and model Y purchasing page.
model3.png
modelY.png

If I'm reading this right and from the MA rebate website:

Costs not included in the purchase price are destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.

Frequently Asked Questions | MOR-EV

Is that a change?

If I'm reading this right and from the MA rebate website:

Costs not included in the purchase price are destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.

Frequently Asked Questions | MOR-EV

Is that a change?
here is the full text as of September 2020:

1. What is required for a vehicle to be eligible for MOR-EV?
  • The vehicle must be new and manufactured by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or its authorized licensee. Vehicles considered new solely for determination of compliance with state emissions standards are not eligible.
  • The vehicle must be on the list of Eligible Vehicles on the date of purchase or lease.
  • The purchase price of the vehicle as reflected on the purchase or lease agreement must be under $50,000.
  • The purchase price will be listed on your purchase agreement as “Total Cash Price” or on the lease agreement as “Agreed Upon Value”, or similar. The purchase price includes, but is not limited to, optional features, any applicable delivery and documentation charges. The purchase price does not include sales tax.
you can see for yourself here: Frequently Asked Questions | MOR-EV

So, to answer your question, yes they did change the language.

As much as I would like you to get into your new model Y... if the incentive is a critical part of your budgeting, I would not rely solely on the advisor. You can contact mor-ev directly at 866-900-4223 or [email protected] and they will be able to tell you with certainty. I have contacted them a couple of times in the past and they have always replied promptly and been super friendly and helpful.

Received a rejection email yesterday. Will try to provide arguments citing their FAQ, but my feeling is that I'll fail. My MY is black, with price adjustment for demo. A good thing that cheers me up is what a joy this car is.

• Love
Reactions: Reborn
Received a rejection email yesterday. Will try to provide arguments citing their FAQ, but my feeling is that I'll fail. My MY is black, with price adjustment for demo. A good thing that cheers me up is what a joy this car is.

Well, turns out it wasn't the end. I appealed and was successfully approved for a rebate today! To recap, Black MY (demo) with a mark-up that brought the grand total under 50k. Yay!