Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y test drives in Pittsburgh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a txt today from my local tesla associate letting me know they have a Model Y in for test drives at the Pittsburgh-Wexford store. I've scheduled a test drive for Tuesday. Didn't get the details on performance vs long range but will find out Tuesday. Anyone interested should check it out.

I would be interested. let me know how it goes. I actually went through their parking lot a couple weeks ago on a Saturday just to look around not thinking anyone would be there and they were delivering a blue model Y performance. the new owners were nice enough to let me check it out.

Last edited:
Just got back from the Tesla store. Process was super easy, all the normal test drive paperwork (typically done in store on a tablet) was done online ahead of time. When I arrived, I called the employee and he met me out front at the Y. Vehicle was fully cleaned and I saw the process after my test drive, as another employee immediately took the vehicle and began to prep it for the next test drive right before my very eyes.

The specific Y they have for test drive is a full PUP midnight silver with black interior. I have to admit, I really like the Y. I felt extremely comfortable from a driving position and space perspective. I always felt a little cramped in the 3. Not that I didn't have room, but this felt a lot better. Getting in and out was also a snap. I could see where my parents would have no issues ( my mom just head her left knee replaced).

Driving dynamic was very good. Acceleration is absurdly good (no surprise). Almost scary fast when you floor it, strong pull and stable. I judge the ride to be a little rough on 21s with sport tires. But that's expected, especially with the crappy roads in the area.

Anyway I give the Y two thumbs up! Better than I expected! I think this will be the killer in a world that demands cross overs. Everything I like about the 3 but in a crossover package.

If anyone wants to check it out. Drop me a pm and I'll give you the contact details of my sales consultant. He's been great, very easy going.