Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y Touchscreen displayed jet afterburner image after recharging when 100 degrees outside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else seen this orange, circular, animated, fire-like image that resembles looking in the backend of a fighter jet engine? I charged up in Williams, CA on a 100+ degree day after 3 hours driving time. After starting up and pulling away from the supercharger this image appeared on the center of the screen, overlaying all other displays, and it would not go away by any normal screen touches.

I spent some time searching the Internet for the meaning of the image, but found nothing. No other information was displayed on the Tesla touchscreen explaining the image. After parking in the shade for 10 minutes the image disappeared and I drove on.

Sorry, my bad, no screen image captures.

It is still a mystery to me.

At first it sounded like the Sentry mode graphic, which was changed from the 2001 HAL graphic to something more generic and engine like you mentioned but without a picture it may be hard to tell. From the manual...

For better long-term performance, avoid exposing Model Y to ambient temperatures above 140° F (60° C) or below -22° F (-30° C) for more than 24 hours at a time.

Reactions: navychop
Sentry mode.

C38512E0-49E8-4B7E-8284-FC9C41E28E7F.png