Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y trade-in/private party values

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to get rid of the Y for something else but having a hard time finding a good trade-in or private party value for the car. KBB only has the 3 for 2020 and Edmunds doesn't consider FSD.

Unhappy with it or what? You must have had it for only like 6 months or less...

I suspect you'll get killed on the value, probably have to write down the FSD cost a lot to get it to sell.

Unhappy with it or what? You must have had it for only like 6 months or less...

I suspect you'll get killed on the value, probably have to write down the FSD cost a lot to get it to sell.

Everything has changed from what I got to the car to today. I've only put a few thousand on the car, which was mostly a road trip. Since I will be able to work from home indefinitely, I want something more enjoyable to drive. Shame that it didn't hold it's value more, but understandable since there is little lead time in getting a new one.

• Love
Reactions: Picasso and am_dmd
Everything has changed from what I got to the car to today. I've only put a few thousand on the car, which was mostly a road trip. Since I will be able to work from home indefinitely, I want something more enjoyable to drive. Shame that it didn't hold it's value more, but understandable since there is little lead time in getting a new one.
More enjoyable to drive??? Like a 911 or M2??? It's a SUV that runs 11's man.. What do you mean????

• Funny
Reactions: richyrich
No doubt.. I have put like 10k miles on my wife's model 3 just randomly driving around town because in my 30 years of driving, nothing else compares to it.
Exactly! If had a 335i, drove an M2 for a week, drove 718 GTS a few times, Z06 C7 and for an SUV this thing drives AMAZING.. I was so surprised how well it handled as well. THe reviews i've seen don't give it enough prase.

I get that. I have 3 cars in the garage that hardly get driven due to work from home. Good thing is they will last a long time.

Reactions: Reborn

lol what? What new car holds their value? You lose 10-20% driving any car home.

Ruins the look completely unfortunately.
Nope
07B79282-8E55-45AE-B64D-A43500DD6A8A.jpeg

More enjoyable to drive??? Like a 911 or M2??? It's a SUV that runs 11's man.. What do you mean????

It is a very capable cross over and yes high 11's is fairly quick. With working from home, I don't need the extra space or seats and there are a lot of other things I would rather be driving. Compared to all the other vehicles I've owned it's not the fastest or best handling by far.

lol what? What new car holds their value? You lose 10-20% driving any car home.

That was in reference to the comment about writing off FSD. I guess as long as I get at least $45k for it, then I will be happy.