Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y vs Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who knows, I haven't seen one in person. I don't know what makes something go from a car to a crossover to a SUV.

Either way.. I think if you are looking for a premium BEV, you at least consider both the Y and the Porsche. And likely an S and X and 3 as well. So few options, at this point you can basically look at them all.
I've seen them, the Porsche dealership in Princeton NJ is right across from the Tesla gallery. It's really a 4-door sports car.

Porsche refers to it as a "Cross Turismo" which is basically the same as a Y. A glorified hatchback.

No, they don't.

The Taycan Cross Turismo is an upcoming model. Which will be a slightly lifted station wagon like the Audi Allroad or Volvo V90 Cross Country. Even that really isn't a CUV.

But more to the point, the Taycan is a sedan. 4 doors, trunk (no hatch) and a low roofline. Lower than Model 3.

Not a Y competitor in the least.

They are like 2 of the 3 BEVs of this size available in the US? (with the third being the mach-E).

They are not remotely the same size.