Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y vs X and order cancellation process???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am STRONGLY considering cancelling my Y orders....I've been a reservation holder since 9/2019. Seeing new reservations with SAME config fill faster (hello only 4 hours?!?) AFTER end of quarter is just too much for me. I'm just f-ing done. My husband is military and being deployed. I don't think our MY would be here in time and I need him on the registration and loan. Tesla doesn't allow power of attorney so we are screwed.

That said I may move to a 2019 CPO MX. Do you think if I move to an MX they will refund my $2500 deposit on the MY? If you have both MX and MY, which one do you prefer and why?

2500$ is completely refundable. Will go back to original ccard or, as in our case we had changed the card since original deposit, they will issue a check, though it takes a couple of weeks vs couple of days.

we did this as our day zero order was untouched, and did new reservation and got it faster. Frustrating for sure, though car very much worth it.

we were original reservation owners on X too. X feels a lot bigger and heavier to drive than Y. Surprisingly spacious inside of Y, though not as long as X for sure and would imagine 3rd row (if that’s important for you) is better for occupants in X.
Driving perf Y vs X. Prefer the Y. More sprightly and nimble imo. 21 vs 22 wheels negligible. Windshield on X is better with minimal blind spots.
It’s very personal and ymmv. I’d definitely call local service center sales and see if you can get test drive to compare each.

• Informative
Reactions: endizguyz
2500$ is completely refundable. Will go back to original ccard or, as in our case we had changed the card since original deposit, they will issue a check, though it takes a couple of weeks vs couple of days.

we did this as our day zero order was untouched, and did new reservation and got it faster. Frustrating for sure, though car very much worth it.

we were original reservation owners on X too. X feels a lot bigger and heavier to drive than Y. Surprisingly spacious inside of Y, though not as long as X for sure and would imagine 3rd row (if that’s important for you) is better for occupants in X.
Driving perf Y vs X. Prefer the Y. More sprightly and nimble imo. 21 vs 22 wheels negligible. Windshield on X is better with minimal blind spots.
It’s very personal and ymmv. I’d definitely call local service center sales and see if you can get test drive to compare each.
Thank you for the comparison. I've placed a second order for Y for my own curiosity. I'm also going to test drive both tomorrow. I'm my mind I prefer the Y over the X but I actually haven't seen a Y in person. Pretty disappointed with the whole experience. Even more disappointed they won't let me purchase the car via power of attorney since my husband will be deployed...I've bought 2 houses and many cars this way!

Reactions: MikeBur
Thank you for the comparison. I've placed a second order for Y for my own curiosity. I'm also going to test drive both tomorrow. I'm my mind I prefer the Y over the X but I actually haven't seen a Y in person. Pretty disappointed with the whole experience. Even more disappointed they won't let me purchase the car via power of attorney since my husband will be deployed...I've bought 2 houses and many cars this way!
Don’t understand why PoA won’t work. Talk to local sales team and explain. Local teams are a lot more experienced than the people on phone that call you.

presuming PoA is to put under their name as well as yours on title Or instead of yours? Worst case you could be under yours and add to title afterward.

When I cancelled my "day one" MY order, the $2500 deposit was refunded quickly. I don't remember how long exactly, but the first time I looked at the account, the refund was there. Maybe two days?

Then, I placed a brand new order and got that car in 3 weeks. Order: 6/6. Delivery: 6/30.

Don’t understand why PoA won’t work. Talk to local sales team and explain. Local teams are a lot more experienced than the people on phone that call you.

presuming PoA is to put under their name as well as yours on title Or instead of yours? Worst case you could be under yours and add to title afterward.
I have asked everyone...local, corporate, different delivery locations....they all say the same things Tesla does not accept power of attorney. Unfortunately I need my husband on the loan and therefore the registration. I have several newer rental properties on my credit and they are not accepting < 1 year's rental income.

When I cancelled my "day one" MY order, the $2500 deposit was refunded quickly. I don't remember how long exactly, but the first time I looked at the account, the refund was there. Maybe two days?

Then, I placed a brand new order and got that car in 3 weeks. Order: 6/6. Delivery: 6/30.
I placed a 2nd order and cancelled my first one. They refunded the non-refundable $100 I paid for the first order.

Well crap, I finally drove to my delivery center (3.5 hours one way) and test drove both the X and Y...the Y is definitely more my style hands down ....come Elon show some love to me!!!!

Hey, hope you get a vin soon! I know you’re under time constraints with your husband deploying soon as per your other posts. And yeah, the Y totally rocks. Loved it when I test drove it. Wish I had it already.

Mike

I canceled my MY order to wait until build quality improves. The $2,500 was quickly refunded to the original credit card-no hassles. I love the tech, look, performance, mission and concept. I just wish the cars were so poorly built. I am a Lexus hybrid owner and spoiled by the quality. Lexus just doesn’t have any of the other factors I just mentioned.