TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Yacht Floor - Non "Console" things to do....

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by WestCoastP85D, Aug 3, 2015.

1. WestCoastP85D

WestCoastP85D Member

Jul 6, 2015
    San Jose, CA
    On our new P85D, I have been struggling with "what to do with" my Yacht floor or should I just get a console. I love the open feeling, and the look of the long strip of Carbon Fiber in Matte finish, but it screams "do something with me." After debating about installing a center console, I decided to first try to maximize what the Yacht floor for what it is.

So, here is what I am doing....

1) I ordered a Tesla rear premium console (Black leather on Carbon trim) to match the car, adding needed storage and cup holders as needed for the rear.

2) I ordered a Leatherology Black Leather Double-Zipper Toiletry bag (with "P85D" embroidered) to fit at the start of the floor to store my basics (with the ability keep it closed), including tissue, defense spray, spare battery for electronics, stress ball, etc.)

3) I plan to leverage the rest of the floor for flex space -- i.e.: a small cooler (when traveling long distances), my wife's purse, or other tidbits.

I do not like clutter, so the small bag + the new storage in the rear premium console should help me keep my cabin clutter free. I am curious what others are doing to minimize clutter, but use the floor for maximum value.

I will post pics of my setup when it all arrives in a week or so.

2. ny888

ny888 Member

Jan 30, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Looking forward to seeing it !
  3. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
  4. JJJJuice

JJJJuice Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Los Angeles
    I keep things like gift cards, gum, pens, cleaning cloth, cash/change etc. in this little bag on the yacht floor: Property Of... Brandon Kit Small Good quality and fits very well, doesn't slide around when propped against the area with USB ports.