Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yacht floor runners recessed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd thing I noticed the other day - it appears that the rubber runners or skids integrated into the yacht floor, which are recessed or almost pushed into the floor for part of it - I would say about 8 inches starting @10 inches back from the front of the console:

2357e261357ab9f2c56c31fcf3188ad6.jpg

6a088255a29eb61b19f8504d2e337ae1.jpg

I guess this could have happened as a result of the runners being pushed down or something heavy being placed on them, though I don't remember anything like that. My main concern about this is, that part of the YF is unprotected there and susceptible to scratches etc as things slide around.

Has anyone seen this, and is there anything I can do about it (short of raising it on a service call) - very reluctant to try to remove and replace the runners myself without a known good technique. Thanks.

The runners are part of a one piece rubber underlay over the aluminum shell of the yacht floor - they are part of the same rubber that surrounds the floor. I had installed the yacht floor myself and it just fit right into the floor and held in place by friction. You may be able to pry the floor up and try to reseat the rubber underlay by pressing it against the aluminum shell. It is probably glued to the aluminum shell and the glue has come off. Since it sounds like it came with your car, I’m sure it’s covered under warranty.

Posting this in the event anyone else has the same issue in the future... I had the runners recessed like the OP shows in pictures. Interestingly enough, my interior is the carbon fiber as well. Maybe that's just a coincidence, though.

I brought it into the Atlanta/Decatur service center and they fixed it to where it is like new again. Not sure what they did, but they did have to keep it overnight to address this and one other issue (I dropped off at noon on a Tuesday and it was ready by early afternoon on Wednesday).