TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Yacht Floor

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by simplesolar, Jul 14, 2013.

1. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

Since prior to getting my car, I couldn't find anyone that had any info on it. Here is a picture of it. I purchased an inventory car and it came with it spec already. Yes it is expensive ($500), but I couldn't wait for the 4-6 weeks build and it has grown on me in person.

Attached Files:

2. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

I like that in CF. I wonder why there is t an option for it when making a purchase.

3. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

Where can I get that?

4. HHHH

HHHH Member

That's beautiful

5. TheAustin

TheAustin Model S: P2009 P85

It looks nice, but it also looks slippery as hell...I have things slide back and forth too much as it is, on the carpet. There's no way I would want that, even though it looks good. I believe they made a few early prototypes of ways to finish the center console are! And that looks like one of them.

6. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

My DS told me that Elon wanted something besides carpet installed in the center console for all the loaner cars.

I bought a car at the Fremont factory which was initially destined to be a loaner (sorry folks). I asked them to remove the yacht floor, swap to 19" wheels, and remove the rear facing seats. I think they did this as a special favor to me since I was replacing another Model S which had been totaled. The yacht floor, in obeche gloss, had a $500 price tag.

$500 is expensive, consider it an "impatience tax" if buying from inventory.

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Looks nice. Assume they will offer that on the online store at some point?

8. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I saw a P85 in Grey/Black with Lacewood trim at the Norristown, PA Service Center last week, and it had a Lacewood floor in the center channel. Very cool looking, but I do wonder about the slide.

9. fluxemag

fluxemag Member

I'll probably make my own. I want to do a parcel shelf as well, but can't decide if I want to match the lacewood of my car, or do something like zebrawood. I think the zebrawood parcel shelf would look pretty sweet in the rear window. All of this would be done in veneer or it would cost a fortune.

10. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

The black strips in the picture are rubber strips so nothing slides back and forth.

11. JPP

JPP Active Member

I just picked up a loaner P85 'full spec' (not +) #15790 at the Fremont service center, which has the black leather/alacantra interior with carbon fiber and the carbon fiber yacht floor. Yes, the rubber strips will help in lessening the front-to-back slide of items, but to my eye you are going to get a bit of wear on the CF (or whatever other wood accent goes there) as time goes by. Also, FWIW, the way the yacht floor curves up in the front under the touchscreen and shelf, the whole center console is now shorter than the original carpeted center console space (note to Teslaccesories/CCI folks [soflauthor/soflason], you guys need to test fit your CCI to be sure it still fits). I do not see any info on the order/design page for this as a paid option/upgrade

12. Oreo

Oreo Member

I just inspected a P85+ in the store and took this picture:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374361499.903804.jpg
    I thought it could be part Of the CF package or the 85P+ package.
    I'm still confused. Will this be in my car as well, or not?

13. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I don't think there is a way to order the yacht floor. They come along if you buy a loaner-with a $500 price tag.

14. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Center Console same as Dashboard Trim?

I probably missed a thread on this. Got a loaner today that had Glossy Obeche in the center console instead of carpet. Pretty neat. According to my service rep these are leftover from some early cars and Signature cars, and not available now. I guess it might be too slick anyway, but thought the look was good...

20130723_151344_resized.jpg 20130723_151358_resized.jpg

15. kvietor

kvietor Model S S280 VIN 168

I think I'll check with my local service center to see if Tesla has any extras lying around that I may be able to purchase. Ihave the gloss obechi wood trim anwas always hoping to add the trim to the center console.

16. Zextraterrestrial

I was told it is still a prototype thing and only on some of the test cars. Santana row has test cars with the wood centers and they said it wasn't available yet.

17. HHHH

HHHH Member

#18 HHHH, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    That CF version looks great. Calling aftermarket people...

18. timf

timf Member

Do a search for Yacht Floor. There have been several threads about these recently. It appears all the cars built as loaners come with them, but you can't order them by any normal means.

19. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Dam......Not sure if I like it cause I cant get it, or does it make sense? Looks great, but seems maybe not user friendly?!?