TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Yacht floor?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Electrometer, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Electrometer

Electrometer Member

I took delivery of my P85D today, awesome car on many levels. I have the carbon fiber decor, but did not order the "Premium Interior Package", yet to my surprise my center console has the yacht floor in carbon fiber. Is this a
    mistake byTesla, or does the center console get delivered in carbon fiber when you order the carbon fiber decor?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Seems like a Tesla error to me. Don't tell them about it...

3. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

I don't care about the yacht floor--you have a center console that isn't piano black? My understanding was that the only center console available to date was piano black, and that the other trim finishes were not yet available.

4. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

By centre console he probably means the yacht floor

5. Electrometer

Electrometer Member

Sorry for the confusion, my car does not have the upgraded console, just the big open tray between the seats. But this tray has the yacht floor, yet I don't think I ordered it. (I definitely didn't order the "Premium Interior Package", but my question is does the carbon fiber yacht floor come standard when you order Carbon Fiber decor?

Larry

6. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Matching yacht floor is part of the premium interior option...so you got a bonus!

7. PBH

PBH New Member

I was told when ordering the yacht floor is now standard!

8. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Hmm, they haven't updated the website yet. But that's good news!

9. MichiganMS

MichiganMS New Member

One of the associates at the showroom in Los Angeles told me that he had received a memo that the yacht floor was now going to be standard, but that I shouldn't wrote him since its not officially announced yet.

10. Glitch

Glitch Member

In that case I hope they update the premium package with some cool stuff, I did not order a 4K package for some leather and lighting that should be standard.

11. Cerie

Cerie Member

So I guess my question is... when they made the parcel shelf standard, did they provide previous buyers with a parcel shelf or did people actually pay $250 for it after it became standard?

12. smsprague

smsprague Member

I missed the free parcel shelf by a month on my order - called my DS and tried to get it for free - also tried at delivery - no dice had to pay

13. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

Just picked up my S85 Saturday in Fremont...I had ordered the premium interior with black alcantara headliner and was surprised to see some alcantara inserts on the dash, is that a new change also? I have to say it looks fantastic and one of the first things people comment on.

14. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

The dash inserts used to be a separate option, they were folded into the headliner around the same time as the D announcement.

15. morbot

morbot Member

Seems the yacht floor is standard now.

I picked up my S85 on Friday and it has the yacht floor even though I didn't go for the premium interior option.

And yeah, the alcantara on the dash update happened around the time they announced the D, along with the alcantara "roof bow" in matching color.

16. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

I think it was just a mistake on Tesla's part in your case. No yacht floor in my P85D without the premium interior option.

17. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Glad to see this... The yacht floor was the only part of the premium interior that I would want if I ever upgrade to a D... Not like that's anytime soon. Still very very happy with my P85+.

18. sundoc

sundoc Member

I've been hearing 'rumours' that the yacht floor is going to be standard now... time will tell.

19. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

When people are saying the Yacht Floor is now "standard" I am assuming that does not mean it comes on every Model S; I assume that means that if you order the optional wood or carbon fiber trim you get that same trim in the center console area floor, and you would not get a Yacht Floor if you went with that default Piano Black trim.

20. Firewired

Firewired Member

That would mean paying $4k for lights and a little leather if true.