Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When people are saying the Yacht Floor is now "standard" I am assuming that does not mean it comes on every Model S; I assume that means that if you order the optional wood or carbon fiber trim you get that same trim in the center console area floor, and you would not get a Yacht Floor if you went with that default Piano Black trim.

Why would you think that Piano Black shouldn't get the Yacht Floor? You could order the Yacht Floor with Piano Black before when it was a separate option, and there's nothing stopping you from getting the Premium Interior Package with Piano Black. Right now the website says it comes with the Premium Interior Package.

Personally, I hope they don't make it standard, I don't really like it that much.

I'm wondering if they didn't have a shortage of the cloth floor (due to shipping delays) and just threw in yacht floors on some vehicles to avoid stalling production over this.

- - - Updated - - -

That would mean paying $4k for lights and a little leather if true.

Even with the yacht floor it's ridiculous.

Took delivery of my Model S today in Fremont. On the way back home, my son pointed out that our car has the piano black yacht floor yet we didnt get the premium interior package. He checked the website to see if it was still apart of the premium interior package, and it was. We assumed we just got a bonus:biggrin:. Thanks for clearing things up and hopefully they update the website soon.

Personally, I hope they don't make it standard, I don't really like it that much.

I'm wondering if they didn't have a shortage of the cloth floor (due to shipping delays) and just threw in yacht floors on some vehicles to avoid stalling production over this.

The Yacht floor sits on top of the carpet which is one piece in the front floor area. There is no separate "cloth floor".

I'm sure you could request that it not be installed, or remove it after the fact it you get one and then sell it.

That's surprising.. but still, should be easy to remove once delivered.

They are easy to swap, even without a tech. If you dont want it, just post on the forum for an even trade, im sure someone will be happy to trade their carpet for your yacht floor.

I am happy to see this becoming standard, It really was the single most overpriced option Tesla offered.

They are easy to swap, even without a tech. If you dont want it, just post on the forum for an even trade, im sure someone will be happy to trade their carpet for your yacht floor.

I am happy to see this becoming standard, It really was the single most overpriced option Tesla offered.

I think a $250 parcel shelf takes the cake for most overpriced item. At least the yacht floor isn't some felt stapled over cardboard.

The Yacht floor sits on top of the carpet which is one piece in the front floor area. There is no separate "cloth floor".

That's not how it was in my S85. That's not just the floor carpet showing through it's a separate piece of carpet in that area. Note the edges of the carpet.

H11dBbk.jpg

I'm sure you could request that it not be installed, or remove it after the fact it you get one and then sell it.

Yeah I'm sure you could.

Correct. It is a separate piece that is Velcro'd in place. I added the yacht floor after the fact as it didn't exist when I configured. They gave me my little piece of carpet back that it replaced, as if I would ever find a use for it, lol.
That's not how it was in my S85. That's not just the floor carpet showing through it's a separate piece of carpet in that area. Note the edges of the carpet.

View attachment 66852

Yeah I'm sure you could.

No, the yacht floor doesn't include the vertical sides of that center area. Those sides are there as standard, in my experience.

And the yacht floor does not reduced the interior space available in an way.

I have not seen that central floor area covered in Piano Black trim, but apparently it has happened according to at least one forum member.

I would have sworn that the "yacht floor" also included those two vertical sides that create the boxed in space for the yacht floor.. and in non-yacht floor cars, the floor was just totally open space between the seats with no sides. I'm sure I've seen photos of Model Ss like that.
No, I can confirm the carpet and sides on my P02xxx look exactly like Breser's picture in message #31

I had a loaner with piano black yacht floor a while back.

From probably the only person to pay a ridiculous amount for the yacht floor after the fact, it is simply a different insert into the structure already in place. It took 10 minutes for the swap when my yacht floor came in for the SC to install it. Pretty sure it's held in place with Velcro, too... As is the standard carpet insert.

No, I can confirm the carpet and sides on my P02xxx look exactly like Breser's picture in message #31

Wow.. that's insane that Tesla was charging $650 just for the yacht floor *insert*?!!?!? I'm glad my carbon fiber yacht floor was included in the inventory car I bought. I had assumed the "yacht floor" was for the insert as well as the floor mounted side walls in these photos (I thought it was more like a one-piece install on top of the plain carpet area).

I would say that is right up there with the $250 for the parcel shelf (that I *did* pay for before I realized how cheaply it was made).

At least they're both standard now.

No, the yacht floor doesn't include the vertical sides of that center area. Those sides are there as standard, in my experience.

And the yacht floor does not reduced the interior space available in an way.

I have not seen that central floor area covered in Piano Black trim, but apparently it has happened according to at least one forum member.

It does reduce the space toward the front of the space under the touchscreen cubby. The leather "temportunity" console doesn't fit anymore.

Just back from picking up my p85d. A little upset that I didn't get the yacht floor when others received it. I took a look at 6 other p85d at service center and all of them had it. At least one p85d did not have it ordered and received it ( looked at the posted sticker). I hate that I have to try and stay on top of things like that, wish they would just be more forth coming about it.

I wonder how many others just got these. Trying to figure out if I should send a note to HQ Or just let it go...

Honestly I feel like if they're going to include things as "standard" without raising the price of the cars, they should offer those same standard things to current owners and just charge us for the labor. But looking at past precedent (i.e. parcel shelf), that doesn't look like the case.