Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yah, we're just gonna delete your service appointment mmmmkay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
<Vent on>
My Model S has been repeatedly reporting that its window is open since last year.

Talked with the Service department about it in person last year. Oh, that's a known issue and will be fixed with an upcoming software update (favorite Tesla service line).

Recently, I set an appointment for today to address the issue. When no one showed up, I looked in the app, and they had just totally deleted the appointment. No communication, doesn't show up on service history..just gone.

Other OEMs treat service appointments like commitments that they don't change without clearing it w/ the customer. Tesla sees them as unnecessary and just deletes them. Yep, that's "within spec" for a Tesla service experience
</Vent off>

That's always fun. That or when you provide pictures and a lengthy description of all repairs and they arrive w/o any of the parts and the parts they have are incorrect.

My personal Tesla Service favorite though is when you have to go to the Service Center for work. The closest one is over 3-hours round-trip so you schedule an appointment and usually this is like nearly a month away. The day comes, you take the day off from work and limp your ride down there to get it fixed. What you find out though is that your "appointment" isn't actually an appointment for service at all. Not only will your car NOT be fixed for you during this time but this time isn't even yours for diagnostics. Instead, it's a time to put you into the queue just to have the car looked at. On this particular day there were 22 cars ahead of me to be looked at. Just looked at. I had to sit there all day just to have someone go "yep, it's what you said it was. We need to order parts and have you come back in a few weeks to have us fix it once parts arrive" and you can imagine how happy that made me.

Classic Tesla.

I’ve spent days trying to get my service needs understood within the app, meanwhile they informed my my warranty is expired (it isn’t) and it took three exchanges for them to clarify that an issue on my estimate is a service campaign and not a mistake.

You know what would solve these issues? A frikkin phone number. Everything I’ve spent a week messing with would have been handled in a 90 second phone call.

If I show up at the SC after a month long wait and they ordered the wrong parts because of this asinine communication method my head will explode.

The irony here being that the quality of work and speed with which they complete it has gotten really impressive. I just need someone to TALK TO.

Reactions: Ixthys
<Vent on>
My Model S has been repeatedly reporting that its window is open since last year.

Talked with the Service department about it in person last year. Oh, that's a known issue and will be fixed with an upcoming software update (favorite Tesla service line).

Recently, I set an appointment for today to address the issue. When no one showed up, I looked in the app, and they had just totally deleted the appointment. No communication, doesn't show up on service history..just gone.

Other OEMs treat service appointments like commitments that they don't change without clearing it w/ the customer. Tesla sees them as unnecessary and just deletes them. Yep, that's "within spec" for a Tesla service experience
</Vent off>
Have you tried recalibrating your windows to set the Open/Close limits?

That's always fun. That or when you provide pictures and a lengthy description of all repairs and they arrive w/o any of the parts and the parts they have are incorrect.

My personal Tesla Service favorite though is when you have to go to the Service Center for work. The closest one is over 3-hours round-trip so you schedule an appointment and usually this is like nearly a month away. The day comes, you take the day off from work and limp your ride down there to get it fixed. What you find out though is that your "appointment" isn't actually an appointment for service at all. Not only will your car NOT be fixed for you during this time but this time isn't even yours for diagnostics. Instead, it's a time to put you into the queue just to have the car looked at. On this particular day there were 22 cars ahead of me to be looked at. Just looked at. I had to sit there all day just to have someone go "yep, it's what you said it was. We need to order parts and have you come back in a few weeks to have us fix it once parts arrive" and you can imagine how happy that made me.

Classic Tesla.

I had an appointment 11/1 where I took the day off, combination of driving and a $60 each way Ferry ride in my Tesla 4+ hours round trip, for an appointment scheduled weeks in advance, and when I got there they asked me what was wrong as if they had no clue and proceeded to tell me no parts to fix my car....

I was about as happy as you, and said how could I have been allowed to show up if no parts were in stock. They apologized and did me the "favor" of getting me rescheduled the next week at a closer service center. I messaged them the day before and asked if they had the parts and they assured me they did and were ready to see me the next day. The same day my next-day appointment got cancelled for "parts on order" and moved to 11/10. Couple days before 11/10, it got moved to 11/21, then before that appointment rescheduled to 12/1, and on 11/29 rescheduled to 12/21. I can't even plan by taking a day off in advance, as I have no clue if it's just going to continue being delayed near the rescheduled date over and over again.

looks like it's a nationwide standard!

had my recall scheduled in the app, then it disappeared. I had to call the service center to have it put back on, which they were able to do.

they also have interior parts on order for me (under warranty) that I'll have to go back when it's in stock. I'll be following up with them regularly to make sure they don't drop the ball on that as well.

<Vent on>

</Vent off>
If it makes you feel any better mine frequently does this as well if I have recently opened and closed a window.