Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YAHTO ! (Yet Another Happy Tesla Owner)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I've owned the car a week now and it has 1100 miles on the odometer.
No QA issues.

More than any other impression, I find the driving pleasant and relaxing. I finish work in the morning and then have a 45 mile drive home. The drive used to add fatigue and I would arrive home just about ready for a nap but the Tesla experience is different. I set the cruise control, enjoy the road and scenery with some music, and arrive home as if only a few minutes have passed. I am the definition of a NOT car person but this car is a treat. Not yet as good as kicking back at home with a steaming mug or out hiking or bicycling but I think as close as a car will ever get for me.

Quibbles and Comments:
  • The 'easy entry' is awesome. I like placing the steering wheel relatively low and it that position my legs do not easily slide underneath the wheel when I enter or exit the car. That setting solves the problem and a quick tap on my driver setting has me ready to go.
  • "Vegan leather." It is plastic, and I don't like plastic. At all. Nothing a nice seat cover cannot solve.
  • The seats are a marvel of axes. Hard to imagine anybody not being able to fiddle until they are comfortable. That said, I am not a fan of the padding. Sometimes I feel like I am sitting on a big rubber inner tube. This is probably not something Tesla can solve since our obese society has forced manufacturers to that least common denominator.
  • I bought the car without AP. It was a money saving choice most of all, and a decision based on my driving locale and habits. I mostly drive in rural areas at speeds a bit lower than most vehicles so the radar enhancement of cruise control is rarely needed. TACC (it is in my other car) encourages my bad habit to drift behind big rigs for better fuel economy. Without it, I avoid truck fumes and keep further away from other cars. And lastly, I have decided that transitional AP is not a good idea for me. I find it too easy to cross the line between driver assist and driver inattention. I also don't like that hand controls mess with my good reflex of one foot to control speed. Hand controls are convenient, but I don't want to introduce indecision into whether I use my hands or my feet when time is short. So I prefer to KISS with my car: hands to turn the wheel, foot to change speed.
Thank you very much, Tesla. This car is worth every penny. Oh, and it goes quite well with my Home Solar PV.

This thread title could be added to the vanity plate thread! Need more advanced options like that in this forum. Should be a checkbox to "Add title as auto cross-post to vanity threads". I have lots of good ideas like that; TMC should ask for my help.