Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yay climate controls back on launcher on 2022.12.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got our climate controls back on the app launcher strip with 2022.12.1! Looks like we can't get passenger seat heater but at least get options for the driver and defrost. These are way more useful to me than all the other apps.
Hooray! But unfortunately with the MS' portrait-oriented screen there's only room for 4 user icons at the bottom (plus launcher button, plus 1 recently used icon). There's a blank spot wasted at the far right when you don't have climate split mode enabled, too bad you can't use it for a 5th user selected icon

I'm really looking forward to this and got the update. Embarrassingly I can't figure it out. Can someone dumb it down for me?

I've tried holding down the seat warmers, the entire ac, and looked in the drawer.
Press and hold any app icon for something else on the menu bar (like your phone or radio etc) it will pop up a menu that has the additional options.

Key point in bold from release notes:
"You can now add vehicle controls such as defrost, windshield wipers and seat heaters to the bottom bar. Long press any app icon to enter edit mode, then drag the desired control to the bottom bar."

Just pressing the 3 dots for the "app launcher" does not show the seat heaters etc. Not sure why they did it like this, but it is what it is.

sketch-1651535797439.jpg

This is for Model 3 (which I have, but I imagine it's the same). See "Customizing my apps" section in manual.

Model S link:

• Helpful
Reactions: kajsidog