TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

YAY! I finally made it to 1,000 posts!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CHG-ON, Sep 16, 2015.

1. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

That's all.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Great job! I love these milestones. Now, pray tell, how did you get "Completely obsessed" as your tag line?

3. CHG-ON

#3 CHG-ON, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    I have been obsessed about cars since I was a kid. The only person in my family. They all think I'm crazy. I used to be able to quote every engine displacement, HP rating and ft lb for every car sold in the US when I was young in the sixties and seventies. I could even tell every American make, at night, based on their headlights, from a distance. Is that obsessed? Yup. Too old to do any of that now and I'm only 57. But still too old.

I have now finally reached an income and worth point where I could actually drop 135K on a car and I chose the MS to do it. It has been a dream of mine to own the "ultimate car", in my opinion, and now I do. So I am thrilled beyond belief.

It really is like being 18 again and I love it. All my friends think I am a freak. But they are also insanely jealous.

Ha!

Oh, and she's lovely.

Alloygators 2.jpg Alloygators 1.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Chasedrgc1223

Chasedrgc1223 Nearly Insane

Congrats on 1000! I feel like we're lost brothers; I can recognize any car from just it's headlights and people think I'm crazy! Haha!!

5. CHG-ON

My nephew is named Chase. Maybe we are!

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

My other half tells me that. I'm the car buff and get asked what car this or that is if I don't yell it out. But I pale in comparison to you two. My obsession doesn't run nearly as deep. Well, until the MS. I never thought I would be in a position in life to own such a car! My "big deal" in the family is that I now own an American car. Our family had sworn off of them years ago after problems will multiple cars which culminated in a very bad experience with a Buick. But I remember being a teenager and taking my uncle's Camaro out and loving it. I dreamt that some day I would have a worthy car and now I do!

7. Chasedrgc1223

Chasedrgc1223 Nearly Insane

Same story here!! Never thought I'd get an American car, always had BMW and Lexus, but Tesla absolutely blew me away.

8. NJS1207

NJS1207 Member

Congrats! (Now I'm at 100) :)

9. CHG-ON

Ahh, be patient young padawan.

10. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I was just posting in another thread and noticed my avatar said 1,999 posts. I just had to come and dedicate my 2,000th post to the camaraderie started here! Hopefully someday I get to meet some of you!

11. CHG-ON

A family of car lovers.