Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yearly Fitness Inspection - Too Easy (NY Edition)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friday marks one year since I took delivery of my LR M3 so naturally my annual inspection is due. I took my M3 to my local SONOCO gas station and pulled into one of the service bays and told the mechanic Im here for an oil change...should have seen his face. We all had a good laugh out of it.

Since I've never done an inspection on a EV before it was funny to see them check tire thread, brakes, brake lights and record the milage..thats it! He even had time to play a round of beach buggy while I rang up the $10 charge. This was by far the easiest, worry free inspection I've ever had.

Reactions: SigNC
personally-- I wish they would do away with vehicle inspections. Just a handful of states require this and to my knowledge (or googles) not one accident saved from the inspection process- to me it's just a pita.

Let's follow what other countries do- charge more for older vehicles to be on the road and less for newer cars to be on the road. (encourages newer emissions with new vehicle sales and doesn't award older pre smog vehicles)

Just my 12 cents.

personally-- I wish they would do away with vehicle inspections. Just a handful of states require this and to my knowledge (or googles) not one accident saved from the inspection process- to me it's just a pita.

Let's follow what other countries do- charge more for older vehicles to be on the road and less for newer cars to be on the road. (encourages newer emissions with new vehicle sales and doesn't award older pre smog vehicles)

Just my 12 cents.
Well, if I look at the other country I’m aware of... Vehicle inspection every 2 years, thorough control not only computer check, so if something is not working properly you have to fix for real and test it again. On top of that old cars are more expensive on tax.