Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yearly service? - Company Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 is a company car. Work are used to booking all company cars in for a yearly service. I've explained that a 'year 1' service doesn't really exist.

At most, reading the manual, I think the following could be done;

1) Clean and lubricate brake callipers - there wasn't a lot of salt on the roads this winter, and I didn't drive anywhere.
2) Check tyre tread depth and possibly rotate wheels - tread depth is fine.

Any other thoughts?

Luke

My model 3 is a company car. Work are used to booking all company cars in for a yearly service. I've explained that a 'year 1' service doesn't really exist.

At most, reading the manual, I think the following could be done;

1) Clean and lubricate brake callipers - there wasn't a lot of salt on the roads this winter, and I didn't drive anywhere.
2) Check tyre tread depth and possibly rotate wheels - tread depth is fine.

Any other thoughts?

Luke
Screen wash check
clean windscreen wipers

Also from the Tesla Model 3 manual:

Service Intervals Your vehicle should generally be serviced on an asneeded basis. However, Tesla recommends the following maintenance items and intervals, as applicable to your vehicle, to ensure continued reliability and efficiency of your Model 3.

• Brake fluid health check every 2 years (replace if necessary) or, if the vehicle is used for towing, replace the brake fluid every 2 years.
• A/C desiccant bag replacement every 6 years
• Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years (or earlier if your car starts to smell like old socks*)
• Clean and lubricate brake calipers every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter
• Rotate tires every 10,000 km or if tread depth difference is 1.5 mm or greater, whichever comes first

NOTE:
The above intervals are based on normal driving behaviors and scenarios. Additionally, the above list should not be considered comprehensive and does not include consumable parts such as windshield wipers, brake pads, etc. NOTE: Damages or failures caused by maintenance or repairs performed by non-Tesla certified technicians are not covered by the warranty.

* i added this bit in

Regular maintenance service things that you would do on any other car such as checking and lubricating as necessary. Fluid levels, locks, wipers, mechanical linkages, lights, cabin air filters :eek: etc. What doesn't seem to exist in much detail is a fixed service schedule, but that does not mean that it does not need servicing.

Ask Tesla how they deal with this sort of corporate stuff: I'll bet the offer an "annual safety check".

This raises a further thought for the future: when moving a car on the inevitable question is "does it have a full service record?"
How does one answer that question?