Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow 2010 Roadster sport stolen from Converse Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly, this feels all too familiar with shipping Roadsters. I’m not sure if it’s coincidence with shipping open vs. closed or not, but I’d imagine you get what you pay for.

The first time I shipped a Roadster open-carrier, it arrived with 4 extra miles on it and in Performance Mode. The driver had clearly launched it at some point.

The second time? This particular driver refused to bring his truck directly to my home (despite promising he would), and instead decided to drive the car 42.6 miles to me. This time, I pulled the logs to prove it & he was fired three days later + the shipping cost refunded.

From then on, I have never shipped a Roadster for less than the best-reviewed enclosed carriers possible. The $1,400+ price is always worth it.

Hopefully someone can bring 683 back to life and keep one of VERY few Brilliant Yellow Roadsters on the road.

I agree..I paid $1500 for #683 to be shipped enclosed from FL to CA. For my replacement #1339 I had it shipped (fully enclosed) as well from San Francisco to Orange County. I highly recommend Troy Car Inc for anyone looking for a carrier. AVOID Montway Auto Carrier! They are a broker and use shady truckers--the cars weren't fully enclosed. Montway and the trucking company refused to pay me for the stolen roadster so I had to go through my insurance carrier.

• Helpful
Reactions: DeedWest
I agree..I paid $1500 for #683 to be shipped enclosed from FL to CA. For my replacement #1339 I had it shipped (fully enclosed) as well from San Francisco to Orange County. I highly recommend Troy Car Inc for anyone looking for a carrier. AVOID Montway Auto Carrier! They are a broker and use shady truckers--the cars weren't fully enclosed. Montway and the trucking company refused to pay me for the stolen roadster so I had to go through my insurance carrier.
How many miles were on the Tesla ?