Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow/amber rear turn indicators?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do know the amber turn signal will be on the outer / body mounted fixtures on the ECE spec cars... look at the labels near the plug and it lists the wattage for the not installed in USA turn signal. The trunk mounted fixtures will have a rear fog light, inboard of the reverse light. This is also noted on the label molded into the plastic.

I'd love to put a set of euro amber signal lights on our 3, assuming the design looks good. We'll have to wait and see!

-J

Reactions: jas
A while back someone posted a picture of a Model 3 being driven near Tesla manufacturing in Netherlands, and you could see some different reflector thing in the lower rear bumper area.

EU-3.png

Unfortunately they weren't using the blinkers, so we didn't get to see what those looked like.
But it does look like they have EU test cars, so may be just a matter of time before someone spots the EU blinkers in action.

A while back someone posted a picture of a Model 3 being driven near Tesla manufacturing in Netherlands, and you could see some different reflector thing in the lower rear bumper area.

View attachment 350056

Unfortunately they weren't using the blinkers, so we didn't get to see what those looked like.
But it does look like they have EU test cars, so may be just a matter of time before someone spots the EU blinkers in action.

probably rear fog light

Reactions: PaulusdB

View attachment 350056

thats a rear foglight. Seems to be a bit of a loveless install/look though.
Also in Europe turn signals have to be amber, not red, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
...and then there's the aholes who don't use their turn signals. Not even if they're stopped at a red light, turning left. Then when the light turns green, they're blocking traffic. If they had their turn signals on, I could have switched lanes driving up, but now I'm blocked by other cars.

This brings me back to when I was waiting for my 2000 BMW 323i. Factory front and rear turn signals were amber plastic with white bulbs. Many people on the bimmer.org board wanted the "European" look of clear plastic lenses (with yellow bulbs). I had ordered a (farily rare) pair of front clears from a dealer down south and had them about a month before getting the car.