Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow/amber rear turn indicators?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the US there are rules about the minimum physical size (area) of the brake lights, not just brightness.

I've seen this mentioned before. I am in Canada, and our standards are largely harmonized with the US. But I've noticed a couple of new Lexus and Toyota models that have the smallest brake lights I've ever seen. About the size of a silver dollar. It's like looking at a laser pointer when they come on in front. Wonder what the actual minimum size is??? Could these Canadian Toyota products have different tail lights in Canada?

I've seen this mentioned before. I am in Canada, and our standards are largely harmonized with the US. But I've noticed a couple of new Lexus and Toyota models that have the smallest brake lights I've ever seen. About the size of a silver dollar. It's like looking at a laser pointer when they come on in front. Wonder what the actual minimum size is??? Could these Canadian Toyota products have different tail lights in Canada?
Interesting. Maybe Canada changed their regs or made a certain brightness level an optional choice vs size? In the US it is still 50cm2 per side.

Same in Canada... Table IV-a (page 112 or 121 in the PDF) shows 5000 mm2

https://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/acts-regulations/108_tsd_rev_r6.PDF

Thanks for the link. But these Toyota models are very odd. I tried to find a Google image quickly, but couldn't. There is a reasonably sized red area on the tail light that serves as the running lights, but when the brakes are applied, it is this tiny little super bright "spot" near the outside edge that comes on. As I said, it is almost like a laser pointer. Surely someone here has seen these around.