Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow Arc Line: Meaning ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I think while driving, a fat yellow arc of ~ 60 degrees showed up on my screen offset from the driver rear corner of the car icon. It briefly went away and then returned during my drive. Nothing changed in driving that I could tell. I have not yet looked carefully at the exterior of the car.

A look through the user manual and a google search were not fruitful. Anybody know ?

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I think while driving, a fat yellow arc of ~ 60 degrees showed up on my screen offset from the driver rear corner of the car icon. It briefly went away and then returned during my drive. Nothing changed in driving that I could tell. I have not yet looked carefully at the exterior of the car.

A look through the user manual and a google search were not fruitful. Anybody know ?

Means the car sees something close to the rear of the car.

Concrete wall, curb, stowaway - could be any object. Not close enough to be red, but within 2 feet or so.

Wait with 12,000 post a 2018 Model 3 you are asking about this?:eek::eek::eek:

EDIT: If it stayed on the screen you were likely driving on a road with a reasonably close curb.

IMG_1143.JPG

Huh.

Perhaps a software or sensor bug then, since it stayed up on the screen while driving normal roads for a good 10 minutes. It might be time to wash my car

Could be. Could’ve been on a road close to a curb or a wall (you call them Jersey walls; we just call them walls here. ;-)

I’ve even had pieces of ice set them off. It’s really not a huge deal. But yes - worth checking and cleaning!

the other day I had 4 orange arcs (each corner)
identical to these yellow depicted?

couldn’t determine their reason for display,
couldn’t get them to disappear even after
re-boot, and multiple shut downs?

next day they were gone!

Once I had one persist for the whole drive but also the FSD visualizations were gone. A reboot fixed it.
Yeah, that.

I had a pattern of yellow and orange proximity arcs that I think were true as I backed out of the garage, and just stuck there for the entire drive to the store. No normal road visualizations were occurring. A static image. When I stopped, I was about to reboot, when it suddenly cleared by itself--maybe from being put in Park, or maybe a coincidence.

This just started happening to me yesterday. It goes on and off. Sometimes I see just white arcs and sometimes the yellow becomes more prominent. I was driving in a rural area but has not happened before.

I have a 2021 Model Y. I did a factory reset and it didn’t work. I also did a reset holding down both scroll buttons on the steering wheel and that didn’t work either. Anyone else experience this? Is there a Tesla tech support number available to figure out why this is happening?

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• 3D7A8D55-0862-4CB9-B2CE-19BA5091D4BD.jpeg
    3D7A8D55-0862-4CB9-B2CE-19BA5091D4BD.jpeg
    811.3 KB · Views: 170
I believe this is a relatively recent change to the HMI and get them almost daily. Agree, they appear to indicate proximity, but oddly mine never seem to turn red.

Here I'm approaching a curb to make a right turn. They stayed yellow until they went away even as I got closer.

IMG_1772.JPG

any updates on this? It happens on and off for me as well, both yellow and red circles while driving when there aren't any obstacles near. They go away when going very slow or stopped and reappear when going slightly faster.

Same issue here. Three yellow arcs, one red arc. I went to a restaurant Father's Day night using valet mode for the first time and noticed the arcs on the way home. They went away when I stopped at a light, but would come back while driving. Hopefully, they will go away in the morning.