TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Yellow Band on Screen UV fix - photos

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Asterix187, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

I have just got my Aug 17 Model S back from the Service Centre where i was having the CCS adaptor hardware installed and it turns out whilst it was there they performed the fabled UV fix on my screen so I thought I would post photos for anyone that was interested.

Sorry about the before photo, i wasn't expecting to get it fixed so didn't take a proper before.

screen-y1.jpg

after

screen-y2.jpg

Still a very slight yellow band but you don't notice it if your not looking for it.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  2. Ken7

Ken7 Member

It’s funny how you didn’t ask for it to be fixed and yet they fixed it. Some of us have come close to begging for it to fixed and we get zilch. Hysterical...not really.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  3. Brettski

Brettski Supporting Member

No kidding. I’m actually on a waiting list for the UV fix!!

• Like x 1
  4. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

I had logged it over a year ago and happened to mention it as my 50k miles is up a few hundred and asked if would still be done when there is a fix even if I go over 50k. They said ‘oh it’s already booked I’m for that to be done’ and that was that.

I am happy with the results.

5. Joelgjr

Joelgjr Member

I had mobile service out to fix a washer nozzle issue. He told me the UV fix was in at San Diego and to make an appointment.

I had showed up a few weeks earlier and was told “we don’t have it yet but please make an appointment in a few weeks and we'll take care of it”

6. BPeter

BPeter Member

Looks pretty good! I'm taking mine in at the end of the month to get my winter wheels and tires along with a rattle I want them to attempt to fix for the fourth time. Will get the UV treatment then, too. Hope it fixes it nice!

• Like x 1
  7. phildas1

phildas1 Member

Have had the yellow border on my MX (6/18 build) for several months now. Hasn’t really bothered me much till yesterday when I tried using the entertainment feature from version 10. Netflix , You Tube, and Hulu all work well except when I tried to exit the screen. Unfortunately the “X” to turn off the app is in the upper right corner of the screen where the yellow band is and it doesn’t work. Even after multiple attempts to exit. Had to reboot the system to get rid of the screen. Din’t know if the UV fix will fix this problem. Anyone else experienced this?
    Going to have to make an appointment with SC

8. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

Sorry, I have never had a functional issue, only visual.

9. croman

croman Active Member

My service center keeps telling me engineering has a new screen they are testing that solves this issue and they will not do UV because it's not permanent and I have an active warranty claim, UV will only be goodwill repair for non warranty. So many confusing statements.

10. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

For what it’s worth mine was under warranty.

11. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Active Member

Well, at least they seem to be just as confused as we are!

12. jedinite88

jedinite88 New Member

I'm on my 3rd screen and today I just noticed that the yellow band around the perimeter is coming back. I still have 9k on my original warranty so I think I might hold off until early next year to see what happens. I would hate to replace it now only to have a current screen replace it that will have the issue again in a year. So far I've had a screen replacement every year in Oct. 2017 MS. I get a MS loaner and they get it fixed without much hassle except for a spending sometime at the SC. So really nothing to complain about here.

13. Altes

Altes Member

The CA bay area "service" centers are saying " make an appt for this and this only so tesla can record fixes:" cant fix anything else with this service call so far they have kept my car for a MINIMUM of three days for every service regardless of complexity. Theynsaidnthey fixed the 50MPH to 80 MPH ROAR by replacing the motor and axles...now i have a decel whine from 25 to 0 (decel only) with the new motor and axles which they refuse to acknowledge quoting no proof

14. Keith909man

Keith909man Member

Hey, you have a software update available! DOWNLOAD NOW!

15. GoTLSAGo

GoTLSAGo Member

Looks like you are based on England and around London. I have the same issue and live in London. I am on 'the waiting list' for a fix so wondering which service centre you went to? I always use the Brooklands SC and the staff there are great! Going there soon to get my referral reward Arachnid wheels fitted so am definitely going to ask about this fix...and hopefully i can quote your story here to help!

16. smtgrg

smtgrg Member

Made a Service Center Appointment. Here is the Service estimate they sent before the appointment.
    Not sure what it means "Diverted - Customer Education"?

upload_2019-10-8_8-0-47.png

17. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Probably means how they are going to "Tesla-splain" to you why this is just cosmetic and you just need to be educated about how it will not affect you.:D

18. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

Actually I am near Warwick so i went to the Digbeth SC.

note1.jpg

19. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Active Member

I like how they call it “mitigate” since it’s likely not going to actually be fixed by this.

20. kkillebrew

kkillebrew Banned

I just got this regarding the yellowing in my LESS THAN 3 MONTH OLD CAR:

Says they reviewed the damage. They did not look at the car or ask for any photos. The worry some thing here is that they consider fixing this a "Goodwill Gesture". Nothing about this bothers me a lot except the "Goodwill" part. Am I being overly picky here? I just purchased an extended warranty too. No response on my reply or after I sent the pictures they requested.

Please let me know what you think...? I am REALLY hacked off about the goodwill gesture attitude. My attitude is small claims court and to cancel the extended warranty if this is how Tesla reacts to legitimate concerns. 1.jpeg teslatext.png 3.jpeg

• Like x 1