Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow Band on Screen UV fix - photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please let me know what you think...? I am REALLY hacked off about the goodwill gesture attitude. My attitude is small claims court and to cancel the extended warranty if this is how Tesla reacts to legitimate concerns. View attachment 463950 View attachment 463951 View attachment 463952

In my experience, "Goodwill" is the term their computer billing system uses for warranty repairs, especially ones that don't involve parts. Sometimes my warranty invoices have shown "warranty" in the pay type line item, along with a $0.00 cost, but most of the time they show up as "goodwill".

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
Here’s my UV Light ‘Mitigation’ fix:

3B77AEAF-1A6E-4C9E-AFE5-2CDBA235398B.jpeg 3B77AEAF-1A6E-4C9E-AFE5-2CDBA235398B.jpeg

Attachments

• 95306695-C335-4D29-A73B-47310890FB33.jpeg
    95306695-C335-4D29-A73B-47310890FB33.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 110
Received the following from 'Tesla Virtual Service':

You are correct, there is a tool that is able to rectify this issue! Not all Service Centers currently have it – Brooklands at the moment is not in possession of the tool.

Looks like they will start rolling out the fix soon :)

After scheduling - canceling -scheduling - canceling and telling me to check back in 2 to 3 months, today I got a text saying that the fix was now available in Austin and they scheduled me for next week. Who knows... makes no sense but at least they responded so I feel better.

I had the UV fix completed in Dec 2019 at Burbank SC and it has addressed the yellowing issue. Prior to this "fix", Tesla replaced my screen twice. My SA said that the replacement screens were still coming back with the issue so they moved to the UV fix and it has addressed the issue thus far and she hasn't had a screen comeback that has had the process done. I'm happy with it.

Only bummer is that they had damaged my leather steering wheel during the service. I ended up getting scratch marks along my leather steering wheel, I told the SA away and she ordered me a replacement.