Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow border and burn-in on steering cluster display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my 17” screen repaired via UV treatment at my local SC, but just this week I noticed issues with my steering cluster display.

burn-in as well as a yellow border!

anyone else have this issue? Back to the SC we go

Sept 2018 x100d

Attachments

• 889275C1-D167-450A-A2EA-88BC53B30AF8.jpeg
    889275C1-D167-450A-A2EA-88BC53B30AF8.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 131
I'm kind of thinking the bubbles were better, honestly. At least from Tesla's perspective. All those screens would need is better sealing. This could develop into a costly recall of a very large number of Model S and X vehicles at some point. :-(

Who is their X and S screen supplier? China I would guess? If they want good product, they need to look to S Korea or Japan.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
...China I would guess?...

Depending whom you ask. If you ask Bejing then yes, it's China.

However, if you ask the manufacturer, they would say no, it's not China!

Just like if you ask those Hong Kong protesters, many of them are carrying a sign saying that they are not China and they are carrying the USA flags!

Back to the screen, it's made by Innolux in Taiwan which is a separate country that 81.9% of the population speak Taiwanese Hokkien at home.

The people in Taiwan say they are not China but China says yes they are!

These screens have gone through hellish reliability testing like 90C / 194F for 500 hours and -40C / -40F for 500 hours still come out looking glorious.

The problem is, that hellish test has a time limit while real hell on earth is much longer than that!

• Informative
Reactions: rocketdallas
Depending whom you ask. If you ask Bejing then yes, it's China.

However, if you ask the manufacturer, they would say no, it's not China!

Just like if you ask those Hong Kong protesters, many of them are carrying a sign saying that they are not China and they are carrying the USA flags!

Back to the screen, it's made by Innolux in Taiwan which is a separate country that 81.9% of the population speak Taiwanese Hokkien at home.

The people in Taiwan say they are not China but China says yes they are!

These screens have gone through hellish reliability testing like 90C / 194F for 500 hours and -40C / -40F for 500 hours still come out looking glorious.

The problem is, that hellish test has a time limit while real hell on earth is much longer than that!

81.9%? Shoot, I always thought it was 81.8%.

• Funny
Reactions: Tam