Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow border on instrument cluster screen - not MCU

nctalkinghead

Dec 25, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I was quite disappointed this week to check my speed and see the cursed yellow border on the top of the instrument cluster. This is not on the MCU - had that fixed several months ago. I guess I'll send in a repair request since I am under warranty on my 2018 X75D (26k miles). Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.

frank-datank

Oct 11, 2018
Indianapolis
I've noticed the same thing, especially with windows down and when the sun hits it.
I had the magic pen fix for MCU last year, and haven't seen any issues since. Hopefully there's a fix for the binacle too. Let us know what your hear

verygreen

Curious member
Jan 16, 2017
TN
I guess it's like this only worse?

upload_2020-10-9_13-49-6.png

dannycamps

Apr 8, 2019
Northeast USA
I don't know if they have a UV tool worked up yet to address the IC screen. So far, people who brought their cars in for this repair have been getting the IC replaced.

I assume at some point (maybe already), Tesla will have a UV repair tool like the one they use for the MCU.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC