Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow border on instrument cluster screen - not MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was quite disappointed this week to check my speed and see the cursed yellow border on the top of the instrument cluster. This is not on the MCU - had that fixed several months ago. I guess I'll send in a repair request since I am under warranty on my 2018 X75D (26k miles). Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.

I guess it's like this only worse?

upload_2020-10-9_13-49-6.png

I don't know if they have a UV tool worked up yet to address the IC screen. So far, people who brought their cars in for this repair have been getting the IC replaced.

I assume at some point (maybe already), Tesla will have a UV repair tool like the one they use for the MCU.

Last time I checked (it has been a while) they acknowledged the problem with ICD, but they did not have a tool for the ICD. They fixed my big screen, which has held. Did they fix your ICD?
Checked the Feb 2020 Invoice and it lists both As receiving the UV treatment. My warranty is up end of Aug 2022 so I want a permanent fix.