Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow borders on main screen- A new fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is indeed weird. My invoice line also says 'RMN'. I don't know what it means, but I guess its 'remanufactured'. Perhaps you got a new one and I got a refurbished part?

I would guess so. I asked the mobile service ranger of what they did to fix the problem, and he said the manufacture found out the issue with yellow border was because the edges were producing more heat, and they redesigned the cooling system for the screen.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx
I would guess so. I asked the mobile service ranger of what they did to fix the problem, and he said the manufacture found out the issue with yellow border was because the edges were producing more heat, and they redesigned the cooling system for the screen.

Then its possible they have been collecting all the ones that they have replaced to date, and all the spare new stock, and re-manufactured them removing the issue and replacing the cooling system.

Due for other service items on Monday and got an advance invoice so just spent 20 mins on the phone to clarify that it's NOT customer pay but they did confirm that parts are available....

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 2.47.23 PM.png

My 2018 Model S has been fixed with a new part number for the screens. According to the mobile service technician I was the first car (atleast in my region) to receive the new screen.

mobile_mcu_screen_1.jpg

mobile_mcu_screen_2.jpg

mobile_mcu_screen_3.jpg

Service invoice states:

SX-MCU SUB-ASY, SHIP. OGS DSPLY, RMN (1084333-00-B)

According to both Tesla on the telephone and the mobile service technician this is the definitive fix for the yellow banding issue.

The partnumber 1084333-00-B doesn't yield much results on Google, so this indeed looks like a new part number.
Mine was replace by mobil service several months ago. New one is fine.

Mine was replace by mobil service several months ago. New one is fine.
If you had it done several months ago, you likely didn't get the 'new and improved' version, as they just became available recently. I first had the problem over a year ago and they replaced it. A year later, same thing, but they asked me to wait to do it until the new version came in, which it did a couple of weeks ago. Going in Monday to have the second defective one replaced (and have the airbag recall done).

So here's one for you guys.. I had a mobile service appt yesterday for a left repeater AutoPilot camera (only) and to my surprise he said "you have a yellow boarder screen right? I see it was called in about 7 months ago." I said "Uh.. Yeah.." he says "We'll good news! I have just one brand new one that I'll be replacing for you too!" He did confirm this is the new re-engineered screen. I had NO Idea he or anyone had that on the repair order... Super cool as being the first experience with mobile service! :D