Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow Borders on MCU for Model S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many people here are suffering from this issue?

The service centre is offering a one-time *good will* treatment, but will charge ~$90 for further treatments if the first time doesn't work.

They were also unable to explain now it isn't a warranty issue.

How many people here are suffering from this issue?

The service centre is offering a one-time *good will* treatment, but will charge ~$90 for further treatments if the first time doesn't work.

They were also unable to explain now it isn't a warranty issue.

Huh? You are in Vancouver BC right? Why do they want me to pay $1600 for the fix with no one-time goodwill? Who did you speak to?

You do know about the UV treatment that corrects the yellow border, right?

So, does it work?
The Portland OR service center two weeks ago did mine (2017 MX) and it turned out great. No hardware no disassembly, etc. Only UV light treatment. Listed it as Goodwill.
Results, look very good. I have no reason to complain.

If they are not offering UV treatment to you, they should reconsider.
-TechVP

So, does it work?
The Portland OR service center two weeks ago did mine (2017 MX) and it turned out great. No hardware no disassembly, etc. Only UV light treatment. Listed it as Goodwill.

-TechVP
They can’t offer what they don’t yet have.

I’m also informed that this is not something that can be done in the field, only in a service center.

So, does it work?

-TechVP

They did offer that, also said there’s no guarantees that it will work and that further treatments will cost.