Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

yellow charging ring w new update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they keep coming up with these new color schemes, I'll need a chart to keep track of them all. (Kinda like computer beeps on bootup).

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating slightly.
It's little things like this that should be in the release notes so we don't worry when we notice it.

(LMB spouse)

Yeah, LMB's car was in to the Watertown, MA Service Center for a tire rotation and they confirmed that the brief yellow/orange flash is normal for the latest firmware. I'd have designed it to wait a fraction of a second before going to the orange warning state to avoid confusing the user, but that's just me.

Update: probably unrelated to the new orange flash I'd been getting for a while now.
Yesterday morning, I noticed my car didn't charge overnight. Uh oh. I had the "red ring of death" charging light. I emailed the Denver Service Center manager, not expecting to hear back til Monday (I still had 80%range so I was in no rush). Within an hour, he texted me and arranged to bring a new charge cord out to me, which he did last night. Bear in mind, this was the manager of the service center. Apparently, not only are they open and checking email on Saturday, but the manager sometimes is worked into the "call schedule" for ranger service. I guess if I got to drive a shiny new P85+ to make a 140 mile round trip house call, I would be just as happy to do so as he was.
He was impressed that I still had the original UMC, and stated that there were some changes a long time ago that make them much less likely to get the charging fault. It's something about an automatic shut-off to avoid overheating or something.
Love my service center!

Update: probably unrelated to the new orange flash I'd been getting for a while now.
Yesterday morning, I noticed my car didn't charge overnight. Uh oh. I had the "red ring of death" charging light. I emailed the Denver Service Center manager, not expecting to hear back til Monday (I still had 80%range so I was in no rush). Within an hour, he texted me and arranged to bring a new charge cord out to me, which he did last night. Bear in mind, this was the manager of the service center. Apparently, not only are they open and checking email on Saturday, but the manager sometimes is worked into the "call schedule" for ranger service. I guess if I got to drive a shiny new P85+ to make a 140 mile round trip house call, I would be just as happy to do so as he was.
He was impressed that I still had the original UMC, and stated that there were some changes a long time ago that make them much less likely to get the charging fault. It's something about an automatic shut-off to avoid overheating or something.
Love my service center!

Had you retried re-setting the UMC?