TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Yellow dotted line on Dashboard Energy Display

Discussion in 'Model X' started by RobertGreenberg, Jun 11, 2016.

1. RobertGreenberg

image.jpeg I've seen this dotted line show up a few times on the energy display. Can't figure out what causes it or what it means. Does anyone know? Thx.

2. chillaban

chillaban Member

You can read more about it in the manual. It means that your power has been temporarily limited (likely due to that heavy acceleration sprint I see in your energy graph leading up to the moment), due to the motor/battery temperature.

• Informative x 1
  3. RobertGreenberg

Thanks, Chillaban. I looked for it in the manual, but couldn't find it. Do you know what section it is in? Thx.

4. chillaban

chillaban Member

For sure. In the MS manual it's on page 60, under Driving - Instrument Panel (bullet point 6)

5. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

Also happens in the winter when the battery is cold. (Usually regen also limited.)

6. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

Page 46 in the Model X manual under instrument panel - driving:
    1. On the Energy graph, dashed lines appear on the power meter if Model X is limiting power. The dashed lines appear on the top portion (energy being used) when power available for acceleration is being limited, and on the bottom portion (energy being gained) when power that can be gained by regenerative braking is limited. Model X limits power for many reasons. Here are just a few examples:

• Acceleration may be limited when the Battery is reaching a low state of charge or if the powertrain is hot.
    • Both acceleration and regenerative braking may be limited when the ambient temperature is either very high or very low.
    • Regenerative braking may be limited when the Battery is fully charged.