Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow edge around the screen fix - here is what the SC did

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Tesla SC completed the Yellow edge around the screen (I'm yet to pick-up my MX to verify how it looks). Here is what the invoice states incase others are interested in seeing what SC did. Does this look accurate?

upload_2020-6-2_10-11-38.png

Hi, Tesla SC completed the Yellow edge around the screen (I'm yet to pick-up my MX to verify how it looks). Here is what the invoice states incase others are interested in seeing what SC did. Does this look accurate?

View attachment 547183

Looks correct, They have a UV light that re-cures the glue on the display. Not sure if it is a permanent fix.

I just picked up the MX, the yellow border seems to be gone... I asked the SC advisor if it'll come back, he had no clue..

He said they have a new screen unit which I can purchase but no part of the warranty program. That's totally BS

Reactions: InternetDude
Is this just an issue on the MCU 1 units?
Just the opposite actually. Earlier units have a bubble problem on the screens that may appear over time.

Later units (maybe even todays units?) have potentially uncured adhesive that turns yellow over time. The UV treatment is rumored to finish the cure in the car, but nobody knows if this is a real fix or how long it may last.

Just the opposite actually. Earlier units have a bubble problem on the screens that may appear over time.

Later units (maybe even todays units?) have potentially uncured adhesive that turns yellow over time. The UV treatment is rumored to finish the cure in the car, but nobody knows if this is a real fix or how long it may last.
I am surprised that Tesla is not providing a warranty on this UV fix.. really sad..

I had the UV treatment done on my 12/2016 S about six months or so ago in Scottsdale and it looked great! Looked, as in the past tense. I noticed the yellow is now back. So after one screen replacement a couple years ago and one UV treatment six months ago, I look forward to many future UV treatments at my expense as my warranty expires in 4 months.

I guess I am nobody. It won’t last.