Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow edge screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced this on the dashboard?
IMG_0267.jpeg

Hi Folks,
I just scheduled for touch screen replacement due to yellow edge issue but they cancelled my appointment. They said that a part is not available yet. Please keep us posted if you get any good news from them.
Thanks

I got this from Tesla yesterday regarding my 3 month old 2019 MS:
teslatext.png

It is a canned answer to some extent. What angers me is the part about the fix being "goodwill" , though I have been enlightened that this is a phrase often used to indicate a non essential repair. Goodwill is obligation in this case as this issue has been tested in arbitration and Tesla lost. The very idea that cosmetic issues are not covered under warranty is absurd so I am not sure why Tesla continues to create ill will with inappropriate use of the term "goodwill". I have an extended 6 year 75K warranty and this experience is making me wonder if I should cancel it.

I replied by scheduling another appointment and supplying pictures, noting the car was only three months old, and that I did not mind waiting but the term "goodwill" is unacceptable. I received a similar response saying they had alerted the Austin service center to my concern and had documented it, and that they will fix it as a goodwill gesture, but no fix until engineering "validates the procedure".

ARRGGG that word!

Reactions: Corsair
Yikes, Sep 2018 75D here, did not continue the premium connectivity and now the yellow edges are very noticeable, just scheduled appointment but not hopeful given these threads I now see. :(
I had mine recently fixed with the UV treatment. I was surprised that it actually worked very well. Now whether your service center has the tool and it's not broken, that's another story... (Also you may want to take a picture before and after in case they scratch the trim)