Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow haze around touchscreen. Tesla reply

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so I scheduled an appointment to get the yellow haze around my model x touch screen repaired. Which is apparently a known issue. I received a text telling me I had to wait 2-3 months for them to replace it. They told me I could get it replaced immediately if I paid the cost as it would not be covered on my warranty. ??? Huh??

“Good afternoon, I apologize about the inconvenience but the timeline given for repairs is because Tesla approved this repair last week and will be ordering the specialized tools needed to address this concern. If you wish to have it addressed sooner replacing the touchscreen is an option but will not be covered under warranty since we have not been able to address it with our approved method. Total cost for a screen replacement is $1,346.75 including taxes. Please advise on how you would like to proceed.” -tesla service center

I’m telling you the new part is now available, but backordered. Everyone with yellow screens are trying to get them done.

And Tesla has told people that they are no longer replacing the screens under warranty. They are waiting for new equipment to come in which they will use to repair your existing screen with the yellow borders.

They have new screens in stock and will replace it if you want to pay for it instead of waiting for them to repair your existing one.

I just had a mobile service done at my house to replace the 12v and fix the recent recall issue with steering. They also updated the firmware to the latest. Immediately after this service, my touch screen had a yellow band around the border. I don't think it is a coincidence. Not sure if the firmware did something, or the inside of front of car being exposed to direct sunlight, or what.

BTW - I have had my MCU replaced 3 times for various issues. I do not want to get a fourth, so hoping it is a software issue.